Fixed price for inrunning trade/bet

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Loony

hello guys ,

my question is , how can i handle it to make a fixed price profit of inrunning horse races ?

i know there is a green button with the trade profit but the click is sometimes to late or to early - next option is to use the trading profit calculator-i mean that button with +-1 2 3 where you can open 3 of this windows.one more option is the offset but the ticks are to different between the odds 1-2 3-4 and the others.inrunning is to fast when you have to watch and at the same time to calculate your profit and to push the buttons.

my big question and example : i back a horse inrunning with 10 pounds and want a profit of 30% (3.00 pounds).i back this horse to the odds of 3.00 so the lay odds must be 2.3 for the profit off 3.05 pounds or 2.32 for 2.92 pounds(this is ok).
what i just want is that betangel can managet that lay bet for me automatic-when i back at 1.83 so the lay should be 1.41 for the 30% without to push any other buttons just this one for my back bet-lay bet should be come automatic every time for the fixed profit of my 3 pounds / 30% .

can betangel do that and under what for an option can i found this ?

thanks a lot for everybody who can give me an answer and help me.

greetz
peter
Mug

Sounds like you want to place an 'offset bet with greening'.

If you do that the second bet goes in X ticks below your first bet and the stake is adjusted so if you are matched you will be all green across the entire race.
nomadic

I have a related issue, and I have personally had a difficult time getting offsetting to function as I envision it.

It seems if I have my settings on the "settings" tab to "Force Offset" under "Offsetting Method", then the offsetting bet gets fired into the market simultaneously with the initial bet that I am placing. And all too often the "offsetting" bet gets filled but the primary bet does not.

Then, when I change it to "Offset only initial fill", it indeed waits for the primary bet to be filled before firing off the offsetting bet, but it will do so for one - and only one - bet per race. Any additional bets that get filled do not generate any offsetting bets.

Any advice on how I should tweak the settings so that offsetting bets are fired ONLY after the primary bet has been filled, but will ALSO continue to fire offsetting bets for EVERY subsequently filled bet?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”