BetAngel froze and I lost a chunk

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stefan084

wouldn't let me do anything after a certain point. would the safety automation work for that or would it have been frozen also? if so, no more live betting for me :cry:
ShaunWhite

It's always worth keeping an eye on this thread for issues with BF viewtopic.php?f=55&t=8160&start=1420

Bets already lodged with BF as 'Take SP' or 'Keep' would have been processed but new bets originating from BA might not.
Derek27

stefan084 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:07 pm
wouldn't let me do anything after a certain point. would the safety automation work for that or would it have been frozen also? if so, no more live betting for me :cry:
Really sorry to hear that, we've all experienced it and know how frustrating it is. It depends on what the issue was, but if it was an internet connection or streaming problem I suspect the problem would still persist with automation.
stefan084

I'm fairly certain it wasn't the connection because I have a good set up. I'm using the newer BetAngel 1.5 beta i think. Should I re download? Also I thought there was an automation to take SP in this instance but I can't seem to find it.
Dallas

There are some steps you can take to cover yourself in most cases,
https://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2016/1 ... k-up-plan/

Also If its any consolation its something nobody who has been trading any length of has avoided but remembered for every time it costs you money there will be times when you win, so over the long time these things do balance themselves out
stefan084 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 pm
I thought there was an automation to take SP in this instance but I can't seem to find it.
There are a few safety servants that can take SP for you
viewforum.php?f=58
Euler

I was going on fine today but at the critical point my plumber arrived, along with amazon, the wife and simultaneously my son put the wrong 'petrol' in the mower. Couldn't make it up! At that point, my internet connection inexplicably dropped.

But I do have a iPhone with a vps to dig me out of any hole and I managed to get rid of the position for a £66 loss. Everybody has these moments so you just have to dust yourself down and carry on.

It's generally the things you can't predict that you need to worry about than the issues you can think about.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm
I was going on fine today but at the critical point my plumber arrived, along with amazon, the wife and simultaneously my son put the wrong 'petrol' in the mower. Couldn't make it up! At that point, my internet connection inexplicably dropped.

But I do have a iPhone with a vps to dig me out of any hole and I managed to get rid of the position for a £66 loss. Everybody has these moments so you just have to dust yourself down and carry on.

It's generally the things you can't predict that you need to worry about than the issues you can think about.
The thing that impressed me about this post is....how you got your son to cut the grass!! :D
Derek27

He didn't because the wrong petrol went in. ;)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”