Guidance

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Bunchie3174

I've probably come to the end of my trading experience..... I wouldn't mind if there were a few returns but no matter what I do, whatever guidance I follow, whichever angle I try the outcome is still a loss. OK, not a huge loss by some standards but a consistent loss, month on month. With playing it safe, with following guidance, with bots, with watching videos, with taking it on the chin...
Now my bots refuse to fire their close out commands and I'm redding up so regularly. Betangel doesn't seem that robust a tool. Each loss seems to be twice the potential win. In two days I've lost over 66% of my meagre bank. Bang...there's another....close trade at -£1.50 has now resulted in trades closing for over -£5!!!!
Derek27

I would be cautious about blaming your tools for the losses. I've tried just about every piece of software on the market (or at least those that offer a free trial) and Bet Angel probably has the most comprehensive set of tools and features on the market.

Ultimately, whether you make a profit or loss is determined by your decision of where you enter the market and how you manage and close trade.
Bunchie3174

Ultimately though, as a directed product, it should do what you ask of it. Our clients wouldn't accept a software solution that wasn't consistent. All I know is the bots were instructed to act, they failed.
The only comeback is the standard 'well it is risky' or 'can't help betfair servers' or the million other deflections. Learning to trade 101 should be 'watch the bots, they are extremely fallible'.
Derek27

If you give more detail of what you're trying to do and what's going wrong, somebody with knowledge of Bet Angel servants and automation may be able to help.
mobius

No problem you can always put it down to experience. One of the things Peter doesn't promote enough (my personal opinion -no criticism of PW) is that you can cherry pick the package. Pick a weekend/Bank Holiday - your choice - pick a package and trade away using the stuff below. It can be used on a hobby basis. You can practice on the World Cup/Wimbledon/PGA etc.etc............
https://www.betangel.com/buy/
(I DO NOT WORK FOR BETANGEL)

DIRTY WEEKEND.PNG
The hard bit is proving ID address etc. to BF and online bookies etc. An' you've already done that.

Just pick a licence tell 'er indoors your working this weekend and lock yourself in the shed.
It's not the 11Plus, you can have a many goes as you like, - and you don't have to worry about a student loan or whatever.
Can anybody get a pint for 3 quid these days? The bbc reckoned it's a fiver for a pint down in London (that's why they're a miserable lot ;) )
Take a break, invite your mate(s) around with laptops load up and play away. (My mates still sulking - and he was in practice mode :D ) it' s handy having someone asking stoopid questions when your busy concentrating. For instance : "He (PW) said it'd start in 10 seconds - it's 2 minutes on my clock - why hasn't it started?" (I usually can't answer without swearing) :evil: :twisted:
On second thoughts invite the mother-in-law, or your boss or whoever would be better off 6 foot under - you can plead temporary insanity and do this as part of your reintegration into society at Her Majesty's expense! And remember to plead guilty so's you get your sentence halved automatically
There's always a bright side. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

mobius wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:40 pm
One of the things Peter doesn't promote enough (my personal opinion -no criticism of PW) is that you can cherry pick the package.
I have to agree with that given that I wasn't aware of it. Must be useful for people who take time of work for the World Cup or Wimbledon.

By the way, when I was in London a few weeks ago I paid £4.40 for a pint and thought that was a lot!
mobius

According to the bbc it was £5.19 - you should have had one for the road!. BA is a good price but I used to use library/public access WiFi before I got a Virgin linkup. (Was 1Mb via BT :cry: with Virgin it's 50Mb for £50 a month inc landline as separate backup BRILLIANT!! :D ) The one day licence definitely suited me. (I do know all the words to "The wheels on the bus" tho.) Now pay Council Tax/Virgin/BA monthly etc. BA/Virgin are paid for in what I used to pay for coffees. It's irksome that I can't find a way to get a Servant to fetch my coffee.
Maybe Version 1.60.1?????????????????????????
it's a hard life :cry:
Dallas

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:51 pm
I've probably come to the end of my trading experience..... I wouldn't mind if there were a few returns but no matter what I do, whatever guidance I follow, whichever angle I try the outcome is still a loss. OK, not a huge loss by some standards but a consistent loss, month on month. With playing it safe, with following guidance, with bots, with watching videos, with taking it on the chin...
Now my bots refuse to fire their close out commands and I'm redding up so regularly. Betangel doesn't seem that robust a tool. Each loss seems to be twice the potential win. In two days I've lost over 66% of my meagre bank. Bang...there's another....close trade at -£1.50 has now resulted in trades closing for over -£5!!!!
Sounds like you trading in-play and may not accounting for Betfairs in-play betting delay?
spreadbetting

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:50 pm
Ultimately though, as a directed product, it should do what you ask of it. Our clients wouldn't accept a software solution that wasn't consistent. All I know is the bots were instructed to act, they failed.
The only comeback is the standard 'well it is risky' or 'can't help betfair servers' or the million other deflections. Learning to trade 101 should be 'watch the bots, they are extremely fallible'.
At the end of the day if the software was as unreliable as you're suggesting the forum would be filled with posts like yours but it isn't. So that would suggest the problem lies with you rather than the software. You haven't explained what you're trying to do or where the problem occurs so not much people can do to help until you say what you think's gone wrong with the software.
iambic_pentameter

OP

I'm not sure how long you've been learning to trade but it doesn't happen overnight.

Having been there, done it and worn the t-shit, I'd suggest that if you've lost over 60% of your bank in 2 days, you are most likely overstaking.

As I don't know what you are attempting to acheive with the bot, I can't offer any specific advice but please don't throw in the towel yet - look at it as a learning experience and an opportunity to refine.

I can guarantee that anyone who has cracked the trading game has probably done so on the back of some very painful losses.

Best of luck

Iambic
Emmson

Bots that is advanced stuff as far as I'm concerned, I reckon newbies should leave that alone, the only automation I use is tick offset. I also somewhat believe in the 10,000 hour rule unless your especially gifted. It's a very long haul to progress.
Derek27

Bots may not be advanced for anyone with programming experience but it's important to have a good understanding of trading and experience of manual trading and all the pitfalls, before trying to automate it.
iambic_pentameter

Good posts, Emmson and Derek.

To add to Derek's post, if you watch enough markets / collect enough data, you can then look for potential opportunities to explore further.

Sadly no substitute for hard work, screentime and discipline.

Iambic

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”