Just Another Day at the Office

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Emmson

I have uploaded videos of how I trade cricket inc bet ref id for all my trades which is sometimes 1000+ trades. Not everyone operates in the shadows.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:00 pm
In fairness to the posters who have been hostile to the OP, I think the title of this thread, the opening words of the first post and lack of explanation of the purpose of the post would have given the impression that it's nothing more than bragging.
I'd imagine pretty much every pnl screenshot on here has some element of bragging to it, BS has posted 3 pnl's on the DOB thread today simply prefixed with "And another one. :)" don't notice everyone beating him down for his lack of bashfulness.
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:
In fairness to the posters who have been hostile to the OP, I think the title of this thread, the opening words of the first post and lack of explanation of the purpose of the post would have given the impression that it's nothing more than bragging.
I'd imagine pretty much every pnl screenshot on here has some element of bragging to it, BS has posted 3 pnl's on the DOB thread today simply prefixed with "And another one. :)" don't notice everyone beating him down for his lack of bashfulness.
Probably because I/we have been totally open about what we are doing and provided all the information for others to ignore or use.

And we are not backing 1.10 shots with £xxx to make a few quid.
spreadbetting

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Probably because I/we have been totally open about what we are doing and provided all the information for others to ignore or use.
Oliver has also been open about what he's doing too, plus he posted a full day's pnl not just the winners.
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm
And we are not backing 1.10 shots with £xxx to make a few quid.
Not sure why one form of gambling is more valid or noble pursuit than any other to be honest, surely the man criteria is to make money not hold our heads up high above those lowly tracksiders and 1.01 bettors.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Bragging goes on all the time on here, though much of it is subtle, it sort of goes with the territory. The reaction to the original posting was due to the fact that it comes on the back of having previous.
ruthlessimon

I say why the hassle of even watching the race if we're only sniping? We could just assume the people with the top race reading skills/those at the track have already discounted that info into the price

i.e. Back the first horse that touches 1.10, if the 2nd is above x (after x seconds etc depending on distance)

Unfortunately, I don't have any in play data - otherwise, I'd actually have a go at testing this :)
ruthlessimon

Personally, I'm convinced that's Peter's mentality to pre-off trading.

Follow the smart guys, & the smart guys need to execute - they will leave a footprint
oliver123

First of all many thanks for your replies. I can take positive and negative comments on the proverbial chin. I won again today but better not show any proof. I am now a professional trader on Betfair - this is what I do for a living. So I will say again, my only reason for being on this forum is to help people. I joined Betfair in 2006 when I was working in Kuwait. Been there, done that, got a 1000 t-shirts! Pete Webb is a great guy - been on his course - excellent !Please e-mail for any questions!!
Derek27

I was just concerned, like others, that he might lead newcomers the wrong way.

If you watch his video on the other thread carefully, after it jumped the last 4' 43" into the race, it's not clear whether he intended to back it at 1.08 or 1.27, but he got 1.22 for £200.

At 4' 46" the horse was clear when it went out to 2.62, and at 4' 51" it was being challenged but was down to 1.01, at which point he had another £200 on, and went on to say he backed a "definite winner", thinking it excuses the £400 he could have lost.

I just think it's worth pointing out to anyone who intends to become a 'sniper' that the video was about five seconds behind time and Ian doesn't have a clue what's going on when he places these bets. Realistically, he could not have known the position of the horse when he risked another £200 to make £2, he was just blindly following the backers on course.

I recall seeing a horse fall at the last in a novices' chase at Leopardstown. His price went out to 450 as you can imagine, but was then backed down to 1.5 (£500) presumably by somebody watching delayed pictures!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”