Just Another Day at the Office

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
iambic_pentameter

Happy to be corrected, Megarain - you have more experience than me :D

Where do you think it will go from here? Racecourses charge less and get more people in or perhaps technology catching up and creating a more level playing field i.e using GPS etc to show horses' positions (I think Total Performance Data are doing something like this)

Interesting times ahead.
megarain

I think the future for in-running horse traders is v bleak.

AI / Drones / GPS / Betfair (who have not done enough to encourage exchange in-running) etc, will all present roadblocks. There will be the odd coup against the machines, but, in the end, machines will win.

But, maybe, it depends on your P/L horizon.
Derek27

oliver123 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:46 am
Firstly, I don't drink and trade! Everbody who knows me will tell you I am the quietest, simple chap you will ever meet. But when it comes to Betfair it's a matter of winning! The only reason I have posted the last two threads is to motivate all newcomers to Betfair, nothing more, nothing less. If you are pissed off with winners then I think you should shut up shop and go elsewhere!
With all due respect Ian, I don't think newcomers need motivation to back the horse in the lead with half a furlong to go. It's one of the first things they'll think of and when they see the horse trading at 1.02 it will be one of the first things they'll dismiss.
JTEDL

@oliver123

Are you 'sniping' from watching what's happening on the race (with delay of course) or the odds for when they hit a certain number?
spreadbetting

JTEDL wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:52 pm
@oliver123

Are you 'sniping' from watching what's happening on the race (with delay of course) or the odds for when they hit a certain number?
He's sniping viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16585

Poor old Oliver does get a rough deal, I'd imagine any other winner posting their pnl shots and offering to help newbies would get an easier ride especially as he freely offered to show people how he does it in his earlier posts.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:52 pm
I'd imagine any other winner posting their pnl shots and offering to help newbies would get an easier ride especially as he freely offered to show people how he does it in his earlier posts.
That's the problem - we know how he does it. Do you think it's a good idea encouraging newbies to to be backing horses under 1.1?
PeterLe

foxwood wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:05 am
PeterLe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm
oliver123 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Here we go guys . . .
Its not on your screen shot; But Id be very interested in seeing how you got on with the 14:45 at the Curragh?
Not a trick question, I'm just keen to see if/how you traded this one
Thanks
regards
Peter
Fascinating one - you can see the video of the finish from different angles at http://www.attheraces.com/results/yesterday
Thanks, I hadn't see the race prior to posting (nor did I know there was a 1.01 loser). I could just tell from my P&L what type of race it was.
I was sitting near my PC and got a screen shot of the result and it touched circa 300.
Ive nothing against Oliver, hope he makes lots of cash. Maybe with experience it is possible to do this, but for any newbies, this may serve to show how its possible to lose £1000 to win £3. Watch the video link above and then you will be aware of the dangers (would you lay this at 300?). Fore warned is forearmed..
Regards
Peter
Naffman

To be fair what harm is he actually doing? If people are silly enough to dive into sub 1.1s without any research then they deserve what they get

No one gives out any meaningful information out for free on here or at a cost somewhere else
spreadbetting

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:48 pm
To be fair what harm is he actually doing? If people are silly enough to dive into sub 1.1s without any research then they deserve what they get

No one gives out any meaningful information out for free on here or at a cost somewhere else
Exactly, no one gives out anything that would compromise their own 'edge' so not sure why Oliver should be any different. He may be cherry picking his pnl shots but that's nothing new and he's just showing people there's more than one way to win on Betfair. No one would expect people to pile hundreds on their first trades or all drop bundles on all the dob threads without abit of due diligence so why expect they'll all go sniping with thousands either. Olivers obviously making it pay so maybe they should be wondering if it's worth looking into to add to their own 'edges' rather than dismissing him as another Walter Mitty.
Derek27

In fairness to the posters who have been hostile to the OP, I think the title of this thread, the opening words of the first post and lack of explanation of the purpose of the post would have given the impression that it's nothing more than bragging.
Emmson

I have uploaded videos of how I trade cricket inc bet ref id for all my trades which is sometimes 1000+ trades. Not everyone operates in the shadows.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:00 pm
In fairness to the posters who have been hostile to the OP, I think the title of this thread, the opening words of the first post and lack of explanation of the purpose of the post would have given the impression that it's nothing more than bragging.
I'd imagine pretty much every pnl screenshot on here has some element of bragging to it, BS has posted 3 pnl's on the DOB thread today simply prefixed with "And another one. :)" don't notice everyone beating him down for his lack of bashfulness.
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I'd imagine pretty much every pnl screenshot on here has some element of bragging to it, BS has posted 3 pnl's on the DOB thread today simply prefixed with "And another one. :)" don't notice everyone beating him down for his lack of bashfulness.
Probably because I/we have been totally open about what we are doing and provided all the information for others to ignore or use.

And we are not backing 1.10 shots with £xxx to make a few quid.
spreadbetting

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Probably because I/we have been totally open about what we are doing and provided all the information for others to ignore or use.
Oliver has also been open about what he's doing too, plus he posted a full day's pnl not just the winners.
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm
And we are not backing 1.10 shots with £xxx to make a few quid.
Not sure why one form of gambling is more valid or noble pursuit than any other to be honest, surely the man criteria is to make money not hold our heads up high above those lowly tracksiders and 1.01 bettors.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Bragging goes on all the time on here, though much of it is subtle, it sort of goes with the territory. The reaction to the original posting was due to the fact that it comes on the back of having previous.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”