Setting up servant for lay bets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
lion42m

Hello
I wonder any of you can help me?
I recently subscribed to Bet Angel because I wanted to place a number of Lay Bets. I have identified between 100 - 300 lay bets a day. I lay horses in most races, excluding those races with only 3 or 4 runners. This means I lay between 3 and 15 horses each race.
At the moment I use betfair to place my bets but have identified a very serious problem. I have discovered it is best to use SP with maximum odds of 20. However, on large races, not all the horses are listed in the betfair page. You have to scroll down to find many of the higher priced horses. Because of time constraints it is often easy to forget these horses and this can be very expensive. I have laid three horses which went on to win at odds of: 33; 33 and 46. These seriously hurt my bank.
The crunch came on Friday 8/6/18 in the 19.50 race at Stratford when I laid Chosen Dream. I switched my market to the 20.15 race at Goodwood when I realised I hadn’t scrolled down the previous race. I quickly switched back to that race and cancelled my lay bet on Chosen Dream because the odds were 190. This was most fortunate because it went onto win the race. This would have wiped out my bank.
I need a bot to lay these horses for me to protect my bank. I contacted Bet Angel to see if I could set these bets up during the day and was told that this could be achieved using a servant. I therefore now subscribe to Bet Angel, but try as I have, I cannot find a way to achieve this.
I have read a Post on this forum entitled: “Creating your first Servant Step by Step” and have created my own bullet points-
• Place Lay bets on a number of selections in a market
• Set £2 stake on each selection
• Set Odds for each selection at SP
• Set all SP odds at Less than 20
• These are straight Lay bets without trading.
I have tried to set this up without success. It seems the “number of selections” seems to be the problem.
Is there anyone out there who could help me?
Thank you in anticipation.
Lenny
Dallas

Can you upload the servant you have made so far and highlight exactly what part is not working?

From what you have said it should be quiet straight forward so its likely just something simple that's currently stopping it working
ShaunWhite

Slightly confused as you say you want to lay under 20 but have had losing lays at 33 upto 190 and worry about not seeing the larger priced horses. Are you laying under 20 or over?

Or is the problem that you are laying them under 20 and they are drifting before post time?
lion42m

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:27 pm
Can you upload the servant you have made so far and highlight exactly what part is not working?

From what you have said it should be quiet straight forward so its likely just something simple that's currently stopping it working
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been away from the computer. I have managed to set-up my servant to Lay 5 named horses in the 16.45 race at Ayr. Here is my problem:
It is now 13.50 and I would like to also place Lay bets in the 14.00; 14.30; 15.03; 15.35 & 16.10 meetings at Ayr. Together with all the meetings at Carlisle; Nottingham & Windsor. That means I would like to set up my servant such that it will Lay named horses in 28 races. I would like to place these bets first thing in the morning.
I can Lay one race. How can I set up each of the other 27 races?
I tried to Lay horses in the 17.00 at Carlisle, so I went onto the market on Bet Angel and selected the Servant icon. I clicked on "Edit chosen rules file" and recieved this message:
The Automation Rules file “Lay 1” contains rules linked by selection name with the market “Ayr 8th Jun – 16:45 1m5f Hcap”.
Ideally you should select the same market in bet Angel before editing the rules.
Do you wish to edit the rules anyway?

How do I use my Lay rule to place lay bets in subsequent markets?

idealy I would like to sit at my computer at nine o'clock in the evening and place my Lay bets for the next day. All 100 of them. I was told I could do this with Bet Angel using servants. I can Lay one race, but no more.

Can you help?

Thank you in anticipation

Lenny
lion42m

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm
Slightly confused as you say you want to lay under 20 but have had losing lays at 33 upto 190 and worry about not seeing the larger priced horses. Are you laying under 20 or over?

Or is the problem that you are laying them under 20 and they are drifting before post time?
Hello Shaun
I am using the Betfair site to Lay my bets. I choose SP because I have found they tend to offer the best prices. The problem is I have to cancel bets where the odds are over 20 manually. Unfortunately I am not always successful in catching them before the "off!" Many have slipped through my fingers. Most are successful and make me money but three won their race and cost me dearly. I was able to cancel the 190 lay bet in time. This horse went onto win and it was this race that convinced me to use a Bot.
Preferably one that I can load last thing at night or first thing in the morning. Someone at Bet Angel told I can do this with a servant but try as I might I can only see how I can load only one race.
Cheers
Lenny

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”