Restricted Account

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dallas

Seti wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Are they reasonably amenable to removing restrictions?

I have responded to their email with an apology.
If its the first such warning you have had they will usually ask you to answer some questions on how you intend to use the exchange going forward, just answer these honestly.

The main thing they are interested in is that they earn a revenue from your activity and that you're not just putting a strain on their servers while they make nothing from you.
Seti

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:44 pm
Seti wrote:

If its the first such warning you have had they will usually ask you to answer some questions on how you intend to use the exchange going forward, just answer these honestly.

The main thing they are interested in is that they earn a revenue from your activity and that you're not just putting a strain on their servers while they make nothing from you.

Thanks. I hope to get a reply maybe early next week?
Seti

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:05 pm
Were you placing semi-regular (every other day) a quick 1 tick trade on a £2/5 stake etc?

No. Tennis trading average of 30 bets a day for 5 weeks.
Derek27

Seti wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:47 pm
ruthlessimon wrote:
Were you placing semi-regular (every other day) a quick 1 tick trade on a £2/5 stake etc?

When you reply to a post you need to put your reply after the "/quote" in square brackets, otherwise it appears your reply is said by the person you're replying to. :)
Seti

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:32 pm
Seti wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:47 pm
ruthlessimon wrote:

When you reply to a post you need to put your reply after the "/quote" in square brackets, otherwise it appears your reply is said by the person you're replying to. :)
oops not my best day
Seti

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:44 pm
Seti wrote:

Thanks Dallas. I am hoping to get a reply on Monday. The ironic thing is that after many iterations of my automation idea I have finally got it to work consistently taking postions then closing then green/red. No misses no duplications. After a weekend away I would have gone live on Monday!
Derek27

It's Sod's law that you get restricted just as you're about to go live.

I wish they would give all customers a one month trial or fixed time period for testing, and perhaps a fixed transaction charge if you exceed the trial period. At least that way everybody would know their position.
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:15 pm
perhaps a fixed transaction charge if you exceed the trial period.
How's that different to taking a 1 tick loss on o/u 0.5goals for a £5 stake? What is that, like a 4p loss? It'd take like 40yrs to accrue the £300 fee ;) £7 per yr
Derek27

A 4p loss doesn't accumulate any commission, or amounts to about 0.08p.

Betfair don't make much money anyway out of small stakers, the idea is they get successful and end up with bigger stakes. A small transaction charge would at least encourage new traders to go live sooner rather than later.
FrogThimble

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:15 pm
It's Sod's law that you get restricted just as you're about to go live.

I wish they would give all customers a one month trial or fixed time period for testing, and perhaps a fixed transaction charge if you exceed the trial period. At least that way everybody would know their position.
Just letting everyone know what the rules are would be enough. I've been testing something new... just trading 4 or 5 races per day to make sure that the new Servants are triggering OK in a range of different race lengths and prices and then tinkering a bit between races if I spot an issue. That's as much as I dare do from reading all I've read here about people getting restricted. I don't know if it's profitable as no amount of testing can prove that (going live is the only way to test that aspect) but I don't think it's unreasonable to run a fair few tests to make sure that the triggers actually work in the intended way across a range of scenarios. Anyway... in this case they seem to do so I'll probably go live tomorrow.
ShaunWhite

If you're just testing triggers etc and don't want to risk seeing your balance go in 1000 rapid accidental triggers. Try moving all but a tenner to a different wallet. It's easier than moving it to and from the bank.
Seti

Just to let you guys know that Betfair have removed the restrictions on my account.

Thanks to all
Euler

Good news.
ShaunWhite

Seti wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:07 pm
Just to let you guys know that Betfair have removed the restrictions on my account.

Thanks to all
Were you able to get them to quantify your breach, do you know what the parameters are so that it doesn't happen again?
Seti

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm
Seti wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks to all
Were you able to get them to quantify your breach, do you know what the parameters are so that it doesn't happen again?
No I did ask but all they did was send me the standard set of questions which I duly answered.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”