Restricted Account

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ShaunWhite

If you're just testing triggers etc and don't want to risk seeing your balance go in 1000 rapid accidental triggers. Try moving all but a tenner to a different wallet. It's easier than moving it to and from the bank.
Seti

Just to let you guys know that Betfair have removed the restrictions on my account.

Thanks to all
Euler

Good news.
ShaunWhite

Seti wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:07 pm
Just to let you guys know that Betfair have removed the restrictions on my account.

Thanks to all
Were you able to get them to quantify your breach, do you know what the parameters are so that it doesn't happen again?
Seti

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm
Seti wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks to all
Were you able to get them to quantify your breach, do you know what the parameters are so that it doesn't happen again?
No I did ask but all they did was send me the standard set of questions which I duly answered.
Seti

A couple of weeks ago my account was restricted. I had been running automation ideas in practice mode.

After contacting Betfair and answering their questions my account was unblocked.

Since then I have stopped running all automation in practice mode and just watched a few tennis markets each day in live mode. I was making a few notes and getting my files ready to give it a go live.

Today I have been restricted again!

I suppose I should have placed one or two £2 back and lays just to keep them happy.

I feel like withdrawing my funds and closing my BF account.
jimibt

quick question. are you using streaming or polling on your session?? my gut feel is that you may be using polling, rather than streaming as polling places a bigger burden on the bf servers. when you opt for streaming, all betfair see is the login and not the data downloading as this is working on websockets, rather than activelly pulling the data down.

i may of course be wrong - hope you get it sorted again anyway, and yes, you should make use of the market, even for a few £2 bets per day whilst testing/viewing.
Seti

jimibt wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:56 pm
quick question. are you using streaming or polling on your session?? my gut feel is that you may be using polling, rather than streaming as polling places a bigger burden on the bf servers. when you opt for streaming, all betfair see is the login and not the data downloading as this is working on websockets, rather than activelly pulling the data down.

i may of course be wrong - hope you get it sorted again anyway, and yes, you should make use of the market, even for a few £2 bets per day whilst testing/viewing.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated
BetScalper

Seti wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:42 pm
A couple of weeks ago my account was restricted. I had been running automation ideas in practice mode.

After contacting Betfair and answering their questions my account was unblocked.

Since then I have stopped running all automation in practice mode and just watched a few tennis markets each day in live mode. I was making a few notes and getting my files ready to give it a go live.

Today I have been restricted again!

I suppose I should have placed one or two £2 back and lays just to keep them happy.

Can you withdraw your funds once your account is blocked ?????
Derek27

You must be able to. They can stop you from using the exchange but I'm sure they can't legally keep your money!
Euler

It isn't practice mode that's the issue, it's the lack of placing bets. Betfair run up costs whenever you access a market so failure to place any bets is always going to get your account restricted. You only need to show some activity to avoid this fate.
ShaunWhite

Seti wrote:
But that's like leaving the bowling alley because they won't let you wear running spikes. Is there any particular reason the rules don't apply to you?
Seti

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:22 pm
Seti wrote:
But that's like leaving the bowling alley because they won't let you wear running spikes. Is there any particular reason the rules don't apply to you?
Of course not. A little steam letting off was needed. I know I am in the wrong.
Derek27

I don't think Betfair are too concerned with the few pence of commission they get from £2 stakers. I reckon they just want you to add to the liquidity of the market - all the small bets add up and can trigger larger commission generating bets.
spreadbetting

Hey Derek no hard feelings , we'll just agree to disagree, I was going to pm you but either blocked or you don't accept PM's.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”