Back/lay the field in Guardian

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
rik

Hey there,

was trying to set up a bookmaking/dutching automation in Guardian, but it seems that if I select back/lay the field it is only possible to select a fixed price and not at a price relative to the current traded price?

Anyone knows what I am missing there? thank you
Dallas

If your wanting to back multiple runners at different prices you need a separate back rule for each

Once you have done the first and applied it to Betfair row index 1
Just click the icon of two green arrows to duplicate the whole rule then change the 'Applies to' part
rik

thank you, so I would have to copy it 20 or so times to make sure all runners in bigger races are covered even though most of the time not all of the them are needed?
Will it not slow the execution down having so many rules and having a lot of conditions for each rule? thank you
Dallas

rik wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:03 pm
thank you, so I would have to copy it 20 or so times to make sure all runners in bigger races are covered even though most of the time not all of the them are needed?
Will it not slow the execution down having so many rules and having a lot of conditions for each rule? thank you
Yes, it will only take a few mins to do by duplicating the way I said in the last post, any excess you have will just be ignored if there are less runners in a race so just make as many as you think you will need for the biggest field

No,the automation could easily handle 100+ rules each with multiple conditions with no problems or slow down

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”