Taking SP only on selected runners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
rik

Hey there!

I was trying to set up a rule in Guardian that "takes SP" on a runner only if Projected SP is higher than current back price or Market Volume > x.
Is there a way to do this, because it seems the rule will change all unmatched bets across the market into SP bets if the condition is met, is there a way to decide bet persistence for each selection individually if SP should be taken or Keep bet or Cancel bet?

Thank you!
rik

its just possible to do it with excel?
jimibt

I'm sure you could apply this only to bets that fall exactly withinh the bounds that you mention. all you'd need to do would be to set up various different conditions on both your Keep and Take SP rules to exclusively perform the required actions on each... i.e. each of these rule types can be treated like any other rule with its own set of conditions to limit its actions to be perfomed against a sub-set of your bets.
rik

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 am
I'm sure you could apply this only to bets that fall exactly withinh the bounds that you mention. all you'd need to do would be to set up various different conditions on both your Keep and Take SP rules to exclusively perform the required actions on each... i.e. each of these rule types can be treated like any other rule with its own set of conditions to limit its actions to be perfomed against a sub-set of your bets.
thanks, but unless Im missing something I think the problem is there only is a rule "Take SP ALL unmatched bets" so if I put as a condition for example "back price < 3" as soon as thats met for one runner, all my unmatched bets in the market will change to SP not just the <3 back price bets and if i do the same with a Keep bet rule all bet persistence will change to keep.

I just exported the rule file and removed the "_ALL" from the "SP_ALL" with text edit but that just removed the rule entirely,

Not really an expert, would be important to be able to do this, any help?
rik

so how can i manage to take sp only on selected runners please??
jimibt

sorry rik, i noly just realised that of course the function is for ALL bets on the market. so in short, i'm not sure how you'd only Take SP on filtered runners... sorry
rik

is this really not possible???
dt888

+1 for this if it could be thought about for a future version

Take SP on selected runners

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”