Stop At and Place Stop not firing correctly

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
sjoc20

Hi All,

I need some help to better understand the stop loss features of Bet Angel Pro.

I made a back bet with a 10 ticks offset at odds of something like 3.5. I also set the stop lose and place stop at a high number of ticks (I desire this). In the unmatched bets area the lay bet was "auto-close at 12.5" and "place stop at 25" or something to this effect. so yes i do have my place stop quite far above my stop at (in fact 20 ticks more).

These bets are made during in-play and as in-play can be very volatile the lay price suddenly jumps to 93. My unmatched lay bet disappears with the stop losses at this point (which is supposed to happen i guess) but a stop lose order doesn't seem to have been made or filled. Surely my stop lose fired (as the unmatched bet dissapeared) but there was no new losing lay bet made or the original lay bet being adjusted to get matched at 93 rather than the 10 ticks offset.

Is this because the lay price of 93 is now way above my "Place Stop" at price and if so do I need to make my place stop at a MUCH higher tick size to cover that spike that jumped to 93 and so get matched at 93 or do i need to do something else.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”