Betangel log different to Betfair log

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jongup

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can explain what is happening in this situation.

I placed a back bet at 2.52
and a lay bet at 2.44

A few minutes later I hear this event has been suspended (the event was not in play). I then notice that my lay bet has gone from the market and where I had placed it, is now in the red?
The only option now was to place another lay bet in the 2.20s to green up.

When I look at my betfair logg, it shows something different - a backbet at 2.31? Can someone explain why this is happening? And why is betangel showing a different logg to betfair?

I will presume that whilst the market is suspended - all unmatched bets are removed? (why do markets become suspended pre-race?) and as such somehow whilst it was suspended - the backbets flew down, hence me now having to place a much much lower lay bet to green up?
spreadbetting

I'd guess your back bet was matched and then there was a non runner in the market so it was suspended , the runner removed and a reduction factor applied to your matched bet bringing it down from 2.52 to 2.31, the lay bet was cancelled due to the non runner and you hadn't applied any keep options to the bet.

The betangel log is showing the log as of that time so it can't predict the odds will be reduced at a later date, the Betfair site is showing what the odds are at this time so will be up date and is not a log. Betangel would show you the same odds of 2.31 if you looked at your odds via the program.
jongup

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:26 pm
I'd guess your back bet was matched and then there was a non runner in the market so it was suspended , the runner removed and a reduction factor applied to your matched bet bringing it down from 2.52 to 2.31, the lay bet was cancelled due to the non runner and you hadn't applied any keep options to the bet.
I just checked the non-runners and you are right, looks like two got removed at the same time and the market had to re-adjust. Wow this has happened a few times now and has turned me from being on a winning street into a losing one. Any tips? Maybe avoid nursery races where they are more likely to be removed? or what keep options are there? As I only see keep options for inplay?
spreadbetting

Keep options are inplay and Betfair SP, with inplay options your bet stays in the market but the lay odds are reduced inline with the reduction factors. With BSP your lay bet gets converted to a BSP lay bet with a reduced payout as per the reduction factor(as long as it meets minimum BSP requirements) your back bets stay at the odds they were submitted for both keep options
jongup

Thanks for the tips!!

Today I did a quick scalp on a horse, greened up and then the horse refused to load when it got to the front!! and had to be withdrawn. Of course they then voided all the bets. So it seems the horse has to run? despite greening up before inplay?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”