Take SP on Lay bet is firing a back bet in play?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
StevenUK

I have been reversing the ladder on Betangel.

So say I place a back bet at 3.0 (which gets fully matched), then place a lay bet at 2.98 which does not get matched and the race is getting close to starting, so I click 'take SP all', and then when the race starts, even though the lay bet is set to 'take sp' a back bet is getting fired instead at SP, and not the lay bet.

Why is that?
StevenUK

All makes sense now :-)
Last edited by StevenUK on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

The lay bet is not being matched and will be getting rejected by Betfair when they match SP bets because the minimum stake allowed for SP lay bets is £10 liability
StevenUK

Dallas wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:17 pm
The lay bet is not being matched and will be getting rejected by Betfair when they match SP bets because the minimum stake allowed for SP lay bets is £10 liability
Right, thank you, so if all the trades were £4 (instead of £2), and the SP bet at odds of 4.7, giving a liability of £12.40 for a £4 stake, everything should have worked as I expected? and the trades would have got matched?
Jukebox

From Betfair's SP Basics:

Which markets will we offer SP betting on?
To start with, we will only offer SP betting on horseracing markets. Moving forward, we plan to offer the SP option on other sports.
What is the minimum stake for an SP bet?
The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is £2 (or the local currency equivalent). The minimum liability if laying is £10 (or the local currency equivalent).
Is there a maximum stake for SP bets?
No.
StevenUK

Thank you, I have just tested it for the minimum liability and it works perfect. You learn something every day. :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”