Back and Lay Automation Settings clarification

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Wolf1877

I've been using Bet Angel for a while and I was looking at the automation settings tab to see what options it offers - see image posted.
I must be having a moment but I cant figure out where the Back Automation and Lay Automation rules in these settings would ever be used.

I looked in the online documentation and I am none the wiser. It says:
For example, we can specify a price window to trigger back or lay bets when using the ‘Automation’ tab in the main application.
So what is the "‘Automation’ tab in the main application" because I cant see an Automation Tab other than Guardian so I must be missing something obvious.
I do use and thought I fully understood Automation tab in Guardian, but I cant see how these settings would be relevant to it and I also dont consider Guardian to be "the main application".
automation-settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Its used with basic automation (the predecessor to guardians Advanced Automation)
The basic automation tab is next to the ladder tab
Wolf1877

OK thanks Dallas.

I'm still not much wiser though. My tabs are One-Click, Ladder, Manual Bet, Dutching .... etc.
From your comment I kind of assume that feature must have been dropped in Bet Angel Professional and is only available in Bet Angel Standard .
If so it would be useful to drop this from the settings in a future version and/or maybe add a comment in the user guide.

Not that big a deal but I am experimenting with some complex BAF files now and I didnt want to be caught out by something I didnt understand possibly affecting any bets placed.

I was actually looking to see if there were any options to output BAF log files so they are accessible whilst a market was active.
i.e. is this data written actually written out to disk or just accumulated in memory?
I was considering writing some bespoke software to read and process the log data on the fly.
Dallas

If its not showing for you then in the top left corner click Features and tick automation

Nothing ever gets removed from the software in case people are still using them but sometimes do get switched off by default in newer builds
Wolf1877

Thanks again Dallas. Automation was unchecked for me in features.
Probably the default for new installations and for good reason so no wonder I couldnt easily find what those settings related to.
JTEDL

Out of interest, what sort of automation can be set up with that tab?

I've seen it but never really looked into it as run all automation through Guardian.
Jukebox

You can adjust the basic rules that you see and then 'tick' the runner that you want to do it to. A long time ago I had fun 'ticking' drifters while watching the inplay screen - till I got stung

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”