Problem with charts.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
FirthForth

Hi, I log in to BA a few hours before racing starts. Load up UK racing into Guardian.
I'm expecting to see data on my charts from the time I load the markets, however the
charts seem to be updating randomly and scrolling so when I zoom out I can't see
the full history. Restricted refresh is off. What could I be doing wrong?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

How quickly is Guardian refreshing each of your markets? i.e. For any given market how often does the 'Last update' time change?

Bet Angel can hold 7200 data points per market and will combine chart data captured in the same half second, so if you were capturing a single market at full pelt, you'd get an hour of chart history. If you update a market once per second you'd get two hours, and if it was cycling to update each market only once every five seconds then you'd get ten hours of history.

It's all a balance between information storage and memory consumption on the PC. 7200 data points is about the right balance for normal usage. However if your PC is running low on memory then Bet Angel will automatically prune chart history to keep itself healthy.
FirthForth

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Firefox and found it to be opening multiple processes using
a lot of memory. After a bit of Googling I found this.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1202828

After making changes memory usage is down more than 25%
Everything is working better now.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”