condition using your balance

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
donocon12

hello
i am trying automation the last few days and i was wondering is there a condition that you can relate to your balance. for example. my balance is 100, so i lay for 5% which loses. my new bal ance is 95 but i want to raise my percentage of next bet to 8%.
so i was thinking of putting in a condition which states that if balance is <94 but>96 lay at 8%, but if balance over 100 keep at 5%.
my question is is there any way of doing this, i dont see a condition that relates to my balance.

thanks in advance for any help
Kafkaesque

Closest you'll come is the stake as percentage of balance under parameters; nothing to do what you're specifically asking though, as far as I know.

Call me Curious George, why in the world would you want that setting/condition? Straight road to the poor house. Trying to fight the temptation to use this word and ask this question, but I've gotta go there: A revamped version of Martingale?
donocon12

thanks for that.
it is a formula for a few weeks , small stakes but am in the green. but my biggest problem is having to work and i HAVE TO DO IT MANUALLY. so i was trying to make life a bit easier.
Dallas

It does sound like a loss recovery system and if it is I'de suggest quitting now while you're ahead, you'll find countless threads on here from those who have tried them in one form or another and gone bust and none where they have been shown to work long-term.

Therefore the software does not facilitate any option/s that will allow use any form of automated loss recovery
donocon12

ok thanks lads.
back to drawing board
LeTiss

This thread makes interesting reading.

In my experience the biggest reason for failing in trading is simple - It's not accepting a red screen!

People let bad trades run (hoping the price comes back), or even worse than that - they let it go IP, or they gamble to win losses back, or they increase their stakes to accomodate a previous loser.

They all spell D..I..S..A..S..T..E..R
ShaunWhite

The advice you'll get from Dallas, LeTiss & Kafka is priceless. It's great that you're thinking but those guys are the real deal, so don't be too proud to drop a scheme if they start to suck their teeth about it. Having a great idea and then watching it sink is all part and parcel of the game. If you don't end up with a profit in the bank, you always end up with a credit to the knowledge bank so it's all good.

I think they're concerned you might be falling for what's know as the gamblers falacy, that is looking at to unrelated events (like 2 spins of a roulette wheel) and hoping the second spin becomes more likely if the first fails. You need to totally and completely ignore anything that went before the decision you are curently making. If that second trade was worth sinking 8% of your bank into, then it was regardless of what happened before.

It's a REALLY difficult concept to get your head around at first and some people never do. It seems like your approach is completely logical, but beleive me, it will either be your downfall, or it'll be something you survive and have no desire to return to.

Good luck donocon12, keep the grey cells churning over the ideas, you're clearly a thinker and open to advice so that's a damn good start.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”