Stoploss not being set

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
hedgeupgreen

Hi.

I've set staking mode to offset bet & stop. When the initial order is matched, the offset is placed but no stop appears.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw5gustntgd6y ... 0.wmv?dl=0

Am I missing something simple?
Dallas

What you have selected is a 'Stop' on your opening bet NOT a stop loss, this just matches your opening bet if the price begins to move away
ie you have it set to 5 ticks then place a back bet at 8.0
if it's not matched and the price shortens to 7.0 (5 ticks) then BA will move your bet and match it at the best odds

You need to use a 'offset bet' option to include a stop loss
hedgeupgreen

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply - I thought I had selected Offset bet and stop. I want the offset to be placed 9 ticks above where & when the lay bet is matched. I want the stop trigger to be placed 12 ticks below the opening lay bet and placed at 18 when the trigger is it. Is that not "Offset bet and stop"?

Ta,
Ian
Dallas

hedgeupgreen wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply - I thought I had selected Offset bet and stop. I want the offset to be placed 9 ticks above where & when the lay bet is matched. I want the stop trigger to be placed 12 ticks below the opening lay bet and placed at 18 when the trigger is it. Is that not "Offset bet and stop"?

Ta,
Ian
Sorry I never watched the video just went from your OP comment (which I miss read :oops: )

The stop loss is being placed in your video, it doesn't show on the ladder but if you look in your unmatched bet area you will see the offset bet, at the right of that it shows the odds the stop will trigger and place at
hedgeupgreen

Ah - thanks - I was looking for the orange stop loss marker as if it was placed manually..

Ta!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”