Bet Angel Professional v: 1.51.1 | In-play Trader.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
The Silk Run

Dear Forum

Assuming everthing running correctly in the background, ie, internet speed, software refresh rates, etc. What is the approximate time delay on the In-play Trader feed.

Thank you in advance ...
Minnie LAI
wearthefoxhat

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 pm
Dear Forum

Assuming everthing running correctly in the background, ie, internet speed, software refresh rates, etc. What is the approximate time delay on the In-play Trader feed.

Thank you in advance ...
Minnie LAI
I use the IP trader in certain races, the only delay that I know of is the 1 second Betfair delay as the order is fired into the market. The feed to and from Betfair to Bet Angel would be infinitesimal (micro seconds).

Someone else my give a more definitive answer.
Dallas

It updates as per the refresh rate your using so is in sync with your one-click screen etc, if you have streaming enabled then that's as fast as 20ms (50 updates per second)

As wearthefoxhat said the only delay is the standard 1 second in-play delay applied to all bets by Betfair
The Silk Run

Dear Weatherfoxhat and Dallas

Thank you for your swift responses, and knowledgebase.

The one-click screen refresh rates is inline as advised. And I have noted the 1 second delay in-play. I'm not using any video feeds whatsoever.

I have been using the In-play Trader live for some time now after a period in simulation, and reading the screen and how it reacts to different situations. I have to say that I have had a lot of success with this trading arm, with no financial losses, with average 3 in 10 trades not being matched. Hence, the enquiry of speeds.

I'm interested to know if any others members use this system regularly with similar success.

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
wearthefoxhat

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:25 pm
Dear Weatherfoxhat and Dallas

Thank you for your swift responses, and knowledgebase.

The one-click screen refresh rates is inline as advised. And I have noted the 1 second delay in-play. I'm not using any video feeds whatsoever.

I have been using the In-play Trader live for some time now after a period in simulation, and reading the screen and how it reacts to different situations. I have to say that I have had a lot of success with this trading arm, with no financial losses, with average 3 in 10 trades not being matched. Hence, the enquiry of speeds.

I'm interested to know if any others members use this system regularly with similar success.

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
It's about as close as you can get to "real time" price response In-play, better than the "live" picture feeds on offer by any of the media outlets. (Shhhh don't tell anyone)..... ;)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”