Automation query

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
chronos

Hi. Just needing some assistance in setting up some automations for use in in-play horse racing markets.

1. In creating an offset automation, is it possible to get the percentage reduction to work as a percentage of odds that doesn't include the stake? That is, say I wanted the a 50% reduction, how I would like it to work is as follows:

Bet matched at 2.00, offset comes in at 1.50
Bet matched at 1.60, offset comes in at 1.30
Bet matched at 1.30, offset comes in at 1.15
And so on

Is it possible to set it up to work this way?

2. How do I create a delay on such an automation? That is, bet gets matched, a one second delay kicks in before the offset is applied.

A couple of other queries:

3. Say you back a horse at long odds during a race, but you get less than the minimum stake matched, can you create a servant or automation that will automatically cancel the remaining stake then place a lay bet equal to the matched stake at one click above the best back odds available? (Not interested in greening up)

4. Can you create what effectively amounts to a roaming make market, whereby the automation would continually move your bet to the "front of the queue" of both the back and lay markets?

Apologies if these are basic questions that are easily answered, but I have looked through the user guide and videos, and then through this forum, all to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

1, Yes if you go into
Settings > Edit Settings > Staking > you can set the offset option to calculate from 'Price -1.0'

2, Delays can only be added by using servants or automation, below is an example
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15564

3, Yes you can use your 'net' stake as your staking option for an opposing bet

4, yes if you set a servant or automation to 'make market' at any time or with preset conditions, see the examples below
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15198&p=137080
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11305
chronos

Thanks for that, much appreciated

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”