A Peter Webb - Must see video

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
wearthefoxhat

Having already attended a PW masterclass, I reckon this video posted recently, goes a long way to help get someone started or help others re-focus their current trading practises. Worth watching a few times and will help establish a good trading discipline in the long run.
steps.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLaSp5a ... dex=2&t=0s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Thankfully, patience is a virtue few traders master.
wearthefoxhat

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:43 pm
Thankfully, patience is a virtue few traders master.
Have patience with all things, but, first of all with yourself. (Saint Francis de Sales)

I feel the addition of the PIQ option really boosts the scalping approach too.
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 pm

EPIQ ;)
iambic_pentameter

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:32 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:

EPIQ ;)
Very good, Dallas, very good indeed!
CallumPerry

1PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Can we have it in excel in a future update please? Found it very useful manually so far!
wearthefoxhat

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:32 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:

EPIQ ;)
Quite right, Estimated....From what I've seen so far, a good indicator.
henbet22

Hi Guys,

Some advice needed please.

Would you recommend attending the masterclass before embarking on attempting pre-race trading?
To start off with good habits, correct approach etc

Or would you get more out of it if you had already traded pre-off for a year or so?

Many thanks.
iambic_pentameter

henbet22 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi Guys,

Would you recommend attending the masterclass before embarking on attempting pre-race trading?

Or would you get more out of it if you had already traded pre-off for a year or so?

Many thanks.
Personally, I would do the following:

1) Deposit £50 into Betfair
2) Spend time going through the Bet Angel YouTube Channel - there are loads of useful videos on there talking about psychology and horse racing
3) Spend time getting familiar with how Bet Angel works
4) Start trading some markets with £2 stakes.
5) Record your screen so you can review later.

Do the above for a few months with the sole aim of losing as little money as possible and then look at the masterclass.

I'm sure others will agree in that the only way you can learn this is to be active in the markets and that means a lot of screentime.

Best of luck,

Iambic
PDC

My view would be to put the money you would spend on courses into your account and actually trade with very small stakes, £2 stakes is more than enough as you aren't lookign to make money you are looking to trade correctly. I think you will learn as much and stuff that would help you more in this very early stage of your trading 'career'.

If you are still trading in say 6 months to a year consider going on the course but it is perfectly possible to make it without going on courses.

I would love to know what the success rate is of people who go on courses and are making good money from it a year later, I suspect it would be extremely low as people think they can go on courses and get given the golden checklist of how to make money and don't realise that even if Peter told you exactly what to do most people would still manage to lose money. I am sure I have read or heard him say the same before.

I should say I haven't been on the course and there are numerous threads on her discussing this topic already.

Best of luck with what ever you do,
henbet22

Thank you for the replies. Sorry I should have made it clearer that I am not a complete newbie. Intermediate level on other sports.......
wearthefoxhat

henbet22 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi Guys,

Many thanks.
IMHO, you will have needed to have at least tried to pre-trade with the BA software before attending the masterclass. Would recommend live trades too as it gives you a feel for a market. The course will help you find a niche that could/should work for you. It would be unusual if everyone that left the course would do all the same markets and exactly the same trades, although all should have a strong trading plan to take away.

The course covers a lot of ground on some key aspects, and a fair range of sports with liquidity. You get a big manual to refer to, and loads of handouts. I can imagine the next one will be better again as BA has "improved" since the last course was held.

Oh and PW is very approachable and willing to share ideas on trading too.
henbet22

Thank you. It sounds good.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 pm
Having already attended a PW masterclass, I reckon this video posted recently, goes a long way to help get someone started or help others re-focus their current trading practises. Worth watching a few times and will help establish a good trading discipline in the long run.

steps.PNG

Finally found the time to watch that video. I'm by no means a novice trader but I have to admit to sometimes allowing my trading to get erratic, prematurely closing trades, making hasty decisions, etc. I like the way Peter stays so calm. :)
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:32 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 pm

steps.PNG

Finally found the time to watch that video. I'm by no means a novice trader but I have to admit to sometimes allowing my trading to get erratic, prematurely closing trades, making hasty decisions, etc. I like the way Peter stays so calm. :)
:)

Very calm..unless the mad bomber re-appeared and the market shifted away from the trade(s).

I was exiting trades too soon when swing trading, I find scalping with a 1 or 2 tick offset with greening, suits my style better.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”