Stop loss help

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Reality Punting

Hi all, very new to bet angel and would like some help trying to get a hang of it and run a few things in practice mode. Any answer is very much appreciated.

I've followed video tutorials on here for greyhound scalping in practice mode simply to learn the bet angel software, but my main game is basketball, NBA is my main focus as I make algorithms for betting purposes, but I'm interested in trading.

Anyone who watches NBA knows of the huge swings involved with live trading odds on betfair, but there's times where I simply have to accept I'm wrong and trade out. I have no problem doing that, but would prefer it to be automated. But I don't want to trade for even money on a loss, I would rather trade to minimise the loss on the heavy live favourite that I would of laid at the start of the game. For example, if today I backed Washington at $2.04 for $500 but after Portland are destroying them and I decided that it's reached the point of no return it would lay $400 on Washington at X odds so if Portland win I would only lose $100 instead of $500. The next issue is what if Washington start coming back and you have a huge liability if Washington win, would you be able to set it to cash out evenly? Hopefully that makes sense and thank you to anyone helps me out.

Cheers
Jason

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”