Exchange streaming

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesedwards

Hi all. Just got started on this wonderful tool and it's really helping with my trading! :)

Time is of the essence for my trading strategies and I note there is something in the user guide about "Exchange streaming". I cant see this option on my communications setting however? Is this a Pro feature only? (I'm only running the standard version of the software).
Dallas

Yes, streaming is a feature of Bet Angel Professional only
You can grab a 14 day free trial from the link below if you've not used it before
https://www.betangel.com/trial/
jamesedwards

Thanks Dallas. Does it make a noticeable difference to the speed of data refresh? Particularly price availability in running?
Dallas

jameegray1 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:34 pm
Thanks Dallas. Does it make a noticeable difference to the speed of data refresh? Particularly price availability in running?
Definitely, yes it can do 10 updates to every 1 you can do with 'Polling'

However, its best suited to automation and servants (both also a feature of Pro) as human reaction time is still around 200-300ms when concentrating hard, but someone using a Servant/automation in running will be well ahead of a manual trader using polling.
jamesedwards

Hi. I've upgraded my trial and I'm loving the flexibility of the Pro version of the tool.

A quick question;

I notice that when on one-click screen with horses ranked by Back odds the ranking moves around as you would expect and then holds ranking when hovering over back/lay buttons. I assume this is a very useful feature to avoid hitting the wrong selection when deep in running. However I notice that the In-play trader screen does NOT hold the ranking when hovering over the back/lay buttons. Is there a setting to change this?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”