Driving me nuts, 3rd day

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
itwasthisbig

Hi,
I want to track the historic price of the 'top' three horses.For each time there is an increase in a signal, it gets incremented.

The problem is, which 'applies to' should i use? I have tried all of them, but without success. Betfair Order doesnt work, here is a snippit from the log
14/12/2018 14:17:35: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: Fav = 6
14/12/2018 14:18:42: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: Fav = 7
14/12/2018 14:19:56: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: Fav = 8
14/12/2018 14:19:56: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Colonel Custard: 2ndF = 9
14/12/2018 14:21:11: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: Fav = 9
14/12/2018 14:22:34: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
14/12/2018 14:22:43: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: 2ndF = 1
14/12/2018 14:22:43: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
14/12/2018 14:25:38: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Colonel Custard: 3rdF = 1
14/12/2018 14:26:44: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Colonel Custard: 3rdF = 2
14/12/2018 14:27:01: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: 2ndF = 2
14/12/2018 14:28:15: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: 2ndF = 3
14/12/2018 14:29:16: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for The Some Dance Kid: 2ndF = 4

The Some Dance Kid went from signal(Fav) to signal(2ndF). The rule selection used is : applies to : by row index BetFair order [1]
it seems the market suspended, then the order changed at betfair. How can i avoid this? I want to track the same horse and apply signals to it.

Hope this makes sense, and that there is an answer.
Dallas

Use the 'fix market order rule' and have it trigger once just before your signals/tracking rules become armed
itwasthisbig

that was fast, thanks.
although i have no idea what the 'fix market order rule' is.

Ok, found it mentioned in the automation forum, but still none the wiser

Edit, my mistake ( but you knew that), its a rule type thats available from the drop down list.

Thanks again
Last edited by itwasthisbig on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dallas

The rule type stops the sort, so that the order of position by favouritism and Betfair row index is fixed from the point the rule is triggered onwards. This is very useful if you want to guarantee multiple rules (triggered seconds or minutes apart) are applied to the same runner or row index even if a horse is withdrawn or the order of favouritism changes thereafter.
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm
The rule type stops the sort, so that the order of position by favouritism and Betfair row index is fixed from the point the rule is triggered onwards. This is very useful if you want to guarantee multiple rules (triggered seconds or minutes apart) are applied to the same runner or row index even if a horse is withdrawn or the order of favouritism changes thereafter.
Nice cut and paste job Dallas, and much kinder than my standard rtfm :)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rul ... 3D&mw=MzIw#
paulb164

I have a related question... hoping someone can clarify it for me

(Taken from the training section); Fix the Order of the Market Selections - Normally every time the market prices are updated, Bet Angel sorts them in order of favouritism ready for use with the 'by position' option of choosing a selection. This rule type stops the sort, so that the order of position by favouritism and Betfair row index is fixed from the point the rule is triggered onwards. This is very useful if you want to guarantee multiple rules (triggered seconds or minutes apart) are applied to the same runner or row index even if a horse is withdrawn or the order of favouritism changes thereafter.

When does the market price 'update' kick in (as per the above explanation) ? For instance, I am looking on BF's first horse race of the day (2.00 Goodwood) and I can see that the current favourite ('Single' current best price @ 3.45) is in row 3, the 2nd fav ('Hashtagmetoo' @ 3.55) in row 2 and the 3rd fav ('Junvieve' @ 3.9) in the top row. Looking at the market once imported into BA, and I see that it is mirrored. As the prices and volumes change, the order of the selections remain the same.

More to the point, is it possible to set up an automation rule that reorders the selections in order of favouritism from top to bottom just before I apply more automation rules and triggers to the selections ? I'm trying to set something up where I have all the selections in descending order by favouritism, which then allows me to arrange the next set of rules to work with specific rows themselves.

I've feel I've missed something glaringly obvious, but I just can't work it out ! All help gratefully appreciated.
Dallas

When using automation and applying a rule 'by Betfair order of favourtism' by default it uses the lowest back price of each selection (this can be changed in your main settings to lay price, LTP or SP)

So it doesn't matter what order they appear on the screen or on Betfair at the time the market is refreshed in Guardian and the rule triggers if its applied to the 4th fav it will trigger whichever selection has the 4th lowest back price.

When you fix the market order its means when that rule triggers it will remember the order as they are then no matter how the prices change thereafter if you trigger a bet on the 4th fav it will place it on whatever was 4th fav at the time the order was fixed (regardless of who is 4th fav now)
Korattt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:49 pm
.. and much kinder than my standard rtfm :)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rul ... 3D&mw=MzIw#
.. that brings back memories Shaun, many moons ago when I used to work in a TV Rental shop I used to say that is seems to be a “RTFM fault” whenever customers used to phone up claiming they had a fault with their equipment, you could usually tell on the phone if it was a genuine fault or not
paulb164

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am
When using automation and applying a rule 'by Betfair order of favourtism' by default it uses the lowest back price of each selection (this can be changed in your main settings to lay price, LTP or SP)

So it doesn't matter what order they appear on the screen or on Betfair at the time the market is refreshed in Guardian and the rule triggers if its applied to the 4th fav it will trigger whichever selection has the 4th lowest back price.

When you fix the market order its means when that rule triggers it will remember the order as they are then no matter how the prices change thereafter if you trigger a bet on the 4th fav it will place it on whatever was 4th fav at the time the order was fixed (regardless of who is 4th fav now)
thank you for this, but unfortunately it doesn't help me with what I am trying to achieve. I am trying to create a simple (or so it seems to me) bet-to-lay bot where I want the offset lay to be a specific odds point... something I can't fathom out in the parameters tab (other than as either a percentage or tick offset) and keeping the bet into in-play. I can only logically see a way by fixing the order, then placing the back bet, then placing the lay bet once in-play (so, 3 separate rules to trigger in that order). I also want to separate the lay bet(s) as I want it to have several with a few different conditions to work based on certain race criteria, which would then mean the one that fulfills the right criteria fires.
Is that doable do you think ? Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”