making regular profit with betangel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
bigbazzer

i have worked out that you can not make a living out of inplay sporting events!the only steady way is trading horse racing before the race begins.the only way honest! :geek:
LeTiss

bigbazzer wrote:i have worked out that you can not make a living out of inplay sporting events!the only steady way is trading horse racing before the race begins.the only way honest! :geek:
Why only Horse Racing?

I'm a full-time trader - 95% of my business is pre-event Football & Tennis

I don't trade on Horse Racing
evertonian

I;m sure a few hundred traders on cricket, tennis,NFL, NBA and football would beg to differ !
Mike_IG

I'm sure the fast pic inplay boys would beg to differ as well. Although since I don't have fast pics and am not the best at reading horse races I get most of my money from pre race horse racing myself but am very happy with the amounts I get from Tv shows and F1 inplay as well.
mikesalter

Must admit as a complete newbie with a little knowledge of tennis and some reasonable knowledge of cricket (particularly T20 where there are plenty of regular wickets)I have found in play to be more stable than pre race horse betting where there can be sudden spikes that buck prior trends.

Not tried F1 or football yet but I have good knowledge of both and I can see there are benefits to trading those in play as well.
Mug

I mess around on most markets but am only really profitable on horse racing before the off. What are people doing in play that is working?
rascal01

Mug wrote:I mess around on most markets but am only really profitable on horse racing before the off. What are people doing in play that is working?

research?
rascal01

bigbazzer wrote:i have worked out that you can not make a living out of inplay sporting events!the only steady way is trading horse racing before the race begins.the only way honest! :geek:
show us your workings?.....your PnL scrn print doesnt count :)

Whereas the successful in play traders dont need to show workings. Pretty flippant OP.
Alpha322

Mug wrote:I mess around on most markets but am only really profitable on horse racing before the off. What are people doing in play that is working?
In play works for me, make say £55-£100 per day.Like the Forex you take a predetermined profit. I have Normal Sat TV , just count 10 seconds before the furlong posts before getting out if your in a bad psoition, and watch the front running favourites :roll:
Crackerpot

It comes down to knowing your market. I trade football inplay and it is much easier to trade than horse racing, either before hand or in play, well it is for me anyhoo.

Find the right market, understand it, you can profit from it.

Steve
Alpha322

Had another great inplay evening, up £75.00 towards growing bank. A horse called Dereks thought it could take me down, but front runners i cut them in play, they are the worst beasts. Got a few still trades before play, but prefer the in play market. If i get a good still trade before play i take it, On Jumps races if your not in good position by third from last Fence get out pronto.But like one post said research your game
bigbazzer

must be me not doing the correct thing.ive tried trading football scores normally pick 2-1 for both teams as it leaves you still in the game no matter who scores and 1-1.could also be the fact that i use betdaq and theres no money in alot of inplay events.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”