Greening up in the Correct Score market

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
pyrrhus80

I have recently been trying my hand at the football Correct Score market and I'm having a bit of a problem with the way BetAngel is greening up.

I am placing lay bets, in play, on a few different scores. When I green up, there is usually some residual liquidity for backing scores that are no longer possible and BetAngel is placing bets on these scores, thus reducing my overall profit.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it?

(This is all in practice mode, so perhaps it doesn't happen in live mode.)
Dallas

If you go into
Settings > edit settings > green up
you can set the odds at which the software won't green up above
pyrrhus80

Thanks for the reply but I can't seem to locate that option in the settings.
I am using Bet Angel Trader
Dallas

Sorry I thought you meant you were using automation

If doing it manually at the top of each ladder you can green each selection up individually by clicking its green up figure, therefore avoiding those selections you don't want to green up on
casbian

Hello Dallas.

I wonder if you can help..

I've come along way in a short space of time and developed a few horse racing automation files.

I am looking to do something in football but I am abut stuck.
Can you suggest how I go about it please.

I am looking to lay in the correct scores market with £10 on any other home win or away win (fav if the two)
That puts the profit pit green and then I am trying to drip feed a lay into 0-0 market waiting for a goal in the first half.bthen green up.

Can I ask if it us possible and could you point me in the right direction.

Thanking you in advance

Casbuan
Dallas

casbian wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:04 pm
Hello Dallas.

I've come along way in a short space of time and developed a few horse racing automation files.

I am looking to lay in the correct scores market with £10 on any other home win or away win (fav if the two)
That puts the profit pit green and then I am trying to drip feed a lay into 0-0 market waiting for a goal in the first half.bthen green up.

Thanking you in advance

Casbuan
So just to clarify, you are only trading the CS market starting by laying either AOHW or AOAW, then greening up after a period of time and then using those profits to lay 0-0?
sniffer66

casbian wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:04 pm
Hello Dallas.

Thanking you in advance

Casbuan
Is this the ASP strategy ? It sounds like it
casbian

Hello Dallas

Yes that is correct. I have looked at your lay the draw with insurance which is similar. (does that work still?)

but yes as you described.

Casbian
Dallas

casbian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 pm
Hello Dallas

Yes that is correct. I have looked at your lay the draw with insurance which is similar. (does that work still?)

but yes as you described.

Casbian
Yes either the LTD file you mentioned or the one beloq both store the profits then use them on a later bet
viewtopic.php?t=13663

All you need to change is the level the stored value is set for, in those two examples its stored for the 'Event' (as its passing it to another market)
But for what you need it can just be stored on the 'Market'
casbian

Hi Dallas

Thank you.

Casbian
casbian

Hi again

I have been learning the inplay horses market using the bot where the horses have to increase by a certain percentage starting price. I have changed the conditions Can i ask if it can be done taking the price at say when 75% of the race has been raced. i only lay horses drifting. (yes i have had losses but i am starting to get green thaks to your bot.) It would be even more efficient if i could use the price at 75% of the race instead of the beginning. Is this possible please.

Thanking you in advance

Casbian
Dallas

casbian wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:10 pm
Hi again

I have been learning the inplay horses market using the bot where the horses have to increase by a certain percentage starting price. I have changed the conditions Can i ask if it can be done taking the price at say when 75% of the race has been raced. i only lay horses drifting. (yes i have had losses but i am starting to get green thaks to your bot.) It would be even more efficient if i could use the price at 75% of the race instead of the beginning. Is this possible please.

Thanking you in advance

Casbian
Theres two ways you can do this

1) Use some standard times to arm the rules of a file as required
viewtopic.php?t=24368

2) If you have a TPD subscription and the course is supported by TPD you can use there GPS data to trigger bets on the actual distance remaining/covered
viewtopic.php?t=24687
casbian

Hi Dallas

Thank you for that.

I have managed to work out the averages for the different styles, Chase NHF hurdles which took me ages to work out. I seem to have my strategy to work on these but not on the flat but i am trialling your timer on those).

I was hoping that instead of using the SP at the start there was a way to save the odds say 45 sec from the end. It would have made my system more efficient.

Thank you for your help tho.

Casbian
Dallas

casbian wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 pm
Hi Dallas

Thank you for that.

I have managed to work out the averages for the different styles, Chase NHF hurdles which took me ages to work out. I seem to have my strategy to work on these but not on the flat but i am trialling your timer on those).

I was hoping that instead of using the SP at the start there was a way to save the odds say 45 sec from the end. It would have made my system more efficient.

Thank you for your help tho.

Casbian
You can store pretty much any market data at any time you want.
So trigger a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule 45 secs before the start

Then use a Stored Value condition in your in-running rule/s to test that rather than the SP
casbian

Hi Dallas

Does this work inplay?

As an example i would be looking for all the odds 45 secs from the end of the race then using your bot which works a percentage of the runner is drifting and puts a bet in the last 45secs where it has drifted enough..
Its quite complicated for a newbie like me. I have had success even with the big loss now and again.

Casbian

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”