has anyone purchased Caan Berrys video package?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stefan084

arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:43 pm
I have the video pack, didn't pay for it thankfully. Caan is obviously able to profit from the markets, but as a teacher he's fairly woeful, as I think his experience - so much screen time - has meant he has a good 'feel' for the markets, but that means it's quite hard to teach. Hence the video pack not really conveying that much.

If you're looking to learn then guys like Steve Howe and Matt Gibson should be on your list.

With respect to the guy above me, picking up bits and pieces off a public forum like this is going to hugely increase the duration of your learning curve versus paying for mentorship from an established professional.
Howe I've seen a little, Gibson no. Thank you I will check them out :D
stefan084

arbitrage16 wrote:
I have the video pack, didn't pay for it thankfully. Caan is obviously able to profit from the markets, but as a teacher he's fairly woeful, as I think his experience - so much screen time - has meant he has a good 'feel' for the markets, but that means it's quite hard to teach. Hence the video pack not really conveying that much.

If you're looking to learn then guys like Steve Howe and Matt Gibson should be on your list.

With respect to the guy above me, picking up bits and pieces off a public forum like this is going to hugely increase the duration of your learning curve versus paying for mentorship from an established professional.
yes his "teaching" is him rambling on while placing bets, getting off topic and on different tangents etc
LeTiss

I notice Caan blocks anyone on Twitter who asks whether he actually trades anymore, or if he just flogs things.

I would suggest that means they're right
BlackHat Betting

I got blocked because I couldnt download or print his ebook...

you have to read it on his website but cant save your progress.... well handy that
acecard

I also purchased this video pack and found little value in it. Feel asleep NUMEROUS times trying to watch what the heck he was doing on the ladders! If anyone is interested, I could recommend a really good resource for learning the pre-race markets? Having read that book, I feel A LOT more confident in approaching them
stefan084

acecard wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:43 am
I also purchased this video pack and found little value in it. Feel asleep NUMEROUS times trying to watch what the heck he was doing on the ladders! If anyone is interested, I could recommend a really good resource for learning the pre-race markets? Having read that book, I feel A LOT more confident in approaching them
Is it Pre Race - I am very interested in your book. Send a PM or just respond here but I'm willing to learn from anyone who will teach me. I've been putting in the hours studying, maybe just not studying the right things.
ShaunWhite

stefan084 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:17 pm
I've been putting in the hours studying, maybe just not studying the right things.
Early days are tricky as trading is such a broad topic, you often feel like you've worked hard but learnt nothing. But when the pieces start to come together you'll really find that 1+1=3. One day seperate pieces of info come togther to make new perspectives. Either that or you'll become more interested in one discipline than others and get some focus.

Don't dispair, all that info is being filtered by your subconscious into reoccuring themes, and your brain is making connections you might not be aware of... yet. It's how 'I get it' moments happen when you read something again and again. It's the same words you've seen before, but each time overlayed on new knowledge that might even be only slightly related.
stefan084

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm
stefan084 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:17 pm
I've been putting in the hours studying, maybe just not studying the right things.
Early days are tricky as trading is such a broad topic, you often feel like you've worked hard but learnt nothing. But when the pieces start to come together you'll really find that 1+1=3. One day seperate pieces of info come togther to make new perspectives. Either that or you'll become more interested in one discipline than others and get some focus.

Don't dispair, all that info is being filtered by your subconscious into reoccuring themes, and your brain is making connections you might not be aware of... yet. It's how 'I get it' moments happen when you read something again and again. It's the same words you've seen before, but each time overlayed on new knowledge that might even be only slightly related.
thanks, I needed that :D
ShaunWhite

stefan084 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm
thanks, I needed that :D
:) Been there, in many ways still there.
Even if that's just a load of psychobabble it helps you to keep grinding away.
shortcut

acecard wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:43 am
do tell :)
BrianDee

IMHO, if you feel you're more the instinctive type of trader, you will get more out of Caan Berry and his software preference.
As you are here, you're probably more analytical, with a preference for at least some automation :D
shortcut

arbitrage16 wrote:
I got the same impression. It's hard to understand the logic of his trades from the way he explains it, if he does at all.
johnsheppard

BrianDee wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am
IMHO, if you feel you're more the instinctive type of trader, you will get more out of Caan Berry and his software preference.
As you are here, you're probably more analytical, with a preference for at least some automation :D
Im pretty noobie at all this. But I reckon that's spot on.
MakeThat$$$

i ve heard many bad reviews for his course
all i can say is that he doesnt inspire me trust
i watch his videos and i noticed he offers nothing with value just try to impress with marketing tricks
Kai

MakeThat$$$ wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:00 pm
i ve heard many bad reviews for his course
all i can say is that he doesnt inspire me trust
i watch his videos and i noticed he offers nothing with value just try to impress with marketing tricks
Bit of a loaded question :) With a bit of bias and even beef from different people, on which most people can't really comment on. Best you can do is try and break it down with a bit of logic.

I imagine most of us did notice the sudden change of direction on his channel which coincided with his market getting increasingly more volatile and it's fairly obvious what this implies for his scalping oriented trading style etc. That's all I can say from my limited POV, although I can pose a few questions for the sake of this old age argument.

So this begs the first question then. Let's assume your markets change and your edge weakens or dies, or you don't fancy the grind anymore or going back to the drawing board or whatever, would you shut down your platform and take down your videos or would you continue to "Make That $$$"? By focusing more on marketing opportunities since you already have that Betfair endorsement behind you?

But the main question I think, and seemingly the main one people have an issue with, since you've already gone through the gruelling trading boot camp as a profitable trader in the past are you then allowed to market whatever leftover value you have to complete newbies even if worst case you lose your edge?

And more importantly for me, why should others really care as long as you're promoting Betfair and bringing in fresh money into the market without actively scamming people like the Jean guy?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”