has anyone purchased Caan Berrys video package?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stefan084

If this isn't the correct section I'm sorry. I bought this about a week and a half ago. Has anyone has been able to glean anything from this? I've been very unimpressed :(
Trader Pat

stefan084 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:55 pm
If this isn't the correct section I'm sorry. I bought this about a week and a half ago. Has anyone has been able to glean anything from this? I've been very unimpressed :(
That is an expensive lesson you've just learned. (I hope)
ruthlessimon

Personally, it didn't help me - & it stunted my development massively. & the reason is simple.

I came to trading with an idea of where edges should exist (in the pre-off markets). & the answer turns out 2yrs later I got it "sort of right" - but because I bought the vid pack, I bought the wrong software - which meant I didn't have a chance to spot some of the subtle nuances - nuances, I bet Caan hasn't even spotted yet.

Well, they sure aint in the vid pack 8-)

The stuff Shaun writes on here, is better than the guide & pack imho :)
arbitrage16

I have the video pack, didn't pay for it thankfully. Caan is obviously able to profit from the markets, but as a teacher he's fairly woeful, as I think his experience - so much screen time - has meant he has a good 'feel' for the markets, but that means it's quite hard to teach. Hence the video pack not really conveying that much.

If you're looking to learn then guys like Steve Howe and Matt Gibson should be on your list.

With respect to the guy above me, picking up bits and pieces off a public forum like this is going to hugely increase the duration of your learning curve versus paying for mentorship from an established professional.
ShaunWhite

I wouldn't buy any trading course or video until I'd exhausted all the info that's out there for free, fully understood it, tried it live for several months, and still failed. Only then would I think about finding something by looking at everyone's style of trading and style of teaching and maybe look at their cheapest offering as a taster. More likely I'd do all of the first bit again because this isn't brain surgery, and the free info should be plenty to get anyone on the road if they're ever going to.

I certainly wouldn't just think 'I wanna learn something, now where can I pay to get a shortcut"
arbitrage16

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm

I certainly wouldn't just think 'I wanna learn something, now where can I pay to get a shortcut"
Learning to trade is going to cost both time and money. Why not use one to reduce the other?
ShaunWhite

I see your point, but I've never been one to pay for anything, if things take longer then for me at least, it's no big deal. I'm one of those people who if a wall needs plastering, I don't call a plasterer, I learn to plaster. I like challenges and with shortcuts, the challenge is diminished.

Personal preferences though obv.

One thing we agree on though is that the most capable practitioners aren't always the most capable educators. Will someone with decades of experience and who's never appeared to struggle relate to your situation or even know why they do what they do when so much has become instinctive.
convoysur-2

Mr Berrys course material is Great for trading babies,i mean if you come from match betting back ground and now want to move to trading and your at baby steps, and know nothing,
Then, and only then if its free ,i guess its no harm done to watch it,
stefan084

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:05 pm
stefan084 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:55 pm
That is an expensive lesson you've just learned. (I hope)
well my thinking was that if it provided some insight, it would be worth it in the long run
stefan084

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm
I wouldn't buy any trading course or video until I'd exhausted all the info that's out there for free, fully understood it, tried it live for several months, and still failed. Only then would I think about finding something by looking at everyone's style of trading and style of teaching and maybe look at their cheapest offering as a taster. More likely I'd do all of the first bit again because this isn't brain surgery, and the free info should be plenty to get anyone on the road if they're ever going to.

I certainly didn't try to take any shortcuts, I've been reading everything free I can get my hands on, bugging Dallas lol, recording and watching many,many races for close to a year and a half now. Testing, retesting etc.
stefan084

arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:43 pm
I have the video pack, didn't pay for it thankfully. Caan is obviously able to profit from the markets, but as a teacher he's fairly woeful, as I think his experience - so much screen time - has meant he has a good 'feel' for the markets, but that means it's quite hard to teach. Hence the video pack not really conveying that much.

If you're looking to learn then guys like Steve Howe and Matt Gibson should be on your list.

With respect to the guy above me, picking up bits and pieces off a public forum like this is going to hugely increase the duration of your learning curve versus paying for mentorship from an established professional.
Howe I've seen a little, Gibson no. Thank you I will check them out :D
stefan084

arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:43 pm

yes his "teaching" is him rambling on while placing bets, getting off topic and on different tangents etc
LeTiss

I notice Caan blocks anyone on Twitter who asks whether he actually trades anymore, or if he just flogs things.

I would suggest that means they're right
BlackHat Betting

I got blocked because I couldnt download or print his ebook...

you have to read it on his website but cant save your progress.... well handy that
acecard

I also purchased this video pack and found little value in it. Feel asleep NUMEROUS times trying to watch what the heck he was doing on the ladders! If anyone is interested, I could recommend a really good resource for learning the pre-race markets? Having read that book, I feel A LOT more confident in approaching them

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”