Laying the field greyhound races

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ANGELS15

I've been meaning to ask this question for some time: I've noticed for years that as soon as the daily greyhound markets are formed there are punters/traders offering every greyhound in each race at extremely short odds like 1.09. I can understand with horse racing these bets can be placed to go live in running. As there's no in-running market for greyhounds how do they expect these bets to be matched? Or is it they're hoping someone makes a 'fat finger' error?
ANGELS15

I've tried to search by the forum and googling online to see if the question's been asked before but not found any reference. So what's embarrasing is perhaps the answer is blindingly obvious to everyone except me.
sa7med

I think you answered your own question. I would guess people offer up odds at value and once every blue moon they get filled, giving them a good strike rate when they do get filled.
ANGELS15

sa7med wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 am
I think you answered your own question. I would guess people offer up odds at value and once every blue moon they get filled, giving them a good strike rate when they do get filled.
Thanks for your input it's probably as I suspected, seems an awful lot of work to do every day though however the risk is negligible.
northbound

ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:31 pm
seems an awful lot of work to do every day
A software bot connected to the Betfair API can do this automatically every morning.

Another bot could spot if you get matched, greenup at scheduled start time, send a notification to your phone to let you know.
ANGELS15

northbound wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:31 pm
seems an awful lot of work to do every day
A software bot connected to the Betfair API can do this automatically every morning.

Another bot could spot if you get matched, greenup at scheduled start time, send a notification to your phone to let you know.
Thanks, makes more and more sense. This has been going on for years. Someone obviously has a strategy that may yield results over a long period of time. Whats's interesting is that when I first noticed this many years ago it may have been just a few people doing it at odds of say 1.02. Since then others have caught on to whatever the strategy is as there's competion. Now the odds are around 1.09.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”