how often does Betangel get "stuck"?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stefan084

was going to green up and it just sat there not doing anything. Then when I looked at the running time it's stuck at the same time for a while, then goes a little, then stuck again. couldn't green and of course lose my stake.How do I know if this is on my end or the software, and should I just be done for the day or is this an anomaly? Any help is appreciated
ShaunWhite

Windows Task Manager might give you a clue as to what's hogging your resourses.
Switching off Windows automatic updates and Search Indexing helps to stop things kicking off that you don't want running in the background.
If you feel brave enough you could always look at the Services that are running and disable the unnecessary ones, usually things that look for software updates or 'news'. Google Disabling Windows Services for so more info on that.

Glitches in prices are down to the net and you can't do much about that, but your countdown clock shouldn't be pausing.
foxwood

Sounds exactly like the experience you get when running on a vps with a poor local internet connection - the remote server is running and updating ok but you only see occasional updates on your screen so it appears as if the timer is stopped / jumping.
northbound

I always used Betangel on a VPS and initially these freezes happened from time to time.

The problems stopped when the following habits were introduced:

- Close and restart Betangel every day
- Restart the computer 2-3 times per week
stefan084

thanks for the feedback :D

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”