Should my laptop be on for Automation.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dallas

Rishichops wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:40 pm
Thanks a lot Dallas for such a prompt reply ..
Really appreciate it :)

Yeah was looking at the BetAngel VPS server ..
Being very naive in all these things .. could ya please let me how good are these BA servers?? .. how difficult is it to setup ?! Can I cancel and activate monthly ?!!

Or would you suggest to invest in a good windows desktop (have some money saved :) )instead of VPS ?!

Cheers
I've used them for years and never had a single issue.

They get set up for you before being handed over, when you get it it just looks like a new laptop/PC running windows - all you need to do is install Bet Angel (and any other software you want to use) and away you go

See this thread for full details
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11662

The ones from Bet Angel are billed every 30 days so you can cancel at any time as long as you give a few days notice before your next bill date)

If you intend to trade manually then I'd probably opt for a Windows laptop, if running automation and want to leave it unattended then I'd go for the VPS, it would save the initial cost of a laptop and then save electricity money and wear and tear by always having to have it switched on and running.
But that also depends on how much automation you're going to do from it, just a few hours of racing in the afternoon may still not warrant a VPS, having it running on multiple sports around the clock 7 days a week then a VPS will suit you better in the long term.
ShaunWhite

Rishichops wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:13 pm
Hi guys .. thanks a lot for all your comments ..

Was reading tutu and came across this thing called VPS ..
You mean the thing I talked about in my reply to you on this thread? :)
Rishichops

Thanks a Lot Dallas !!! Can’t thanks you enough !!

If I ain’t disturbing you a lot .. can I please ask u couple of queries ..

I have just started BA a week back and still on Professional trail which expires this Wednesday .. when I am looking at all these things it very overwhelming for me !!
I am from MATCHED BETTING background.. so
I don’t know where to start from !
Sometimes I am hooked on to the academy learning .. then sometimes when I try what I learned I am not getting positive results..
Sometimes I am looking at automation..

I am ready to invest some money in this .. laptop, VPS etc etc .. but sometimes I feel dejected and lost..

What would you suggest I do .. where do I start ?!!

Apologies for the long post and sorry for all the inconvenience caused .
ShaunWhite

Start by accepting that this might take you a year or more to get to grips with. You're not going to get decent results by just watching a few vids, reading a few features and having a go. Try to ignore the snake oil salesmen that say otherwise. Also accept that this is a hobby with a cost and only a few recoup that cost, try not to run out of money before you run out of lessons to learn.

Where to start? Pick a sport or trading approach that interests you, focus on just that and the rest can come later.

Oh, and get used to feeling dejected, it's a thing you'll have to deal with many times throughout your trading 'career'.
Rishichops

Thanks a lot Shaun for the reply :)

Appreciate it mate to tell me the reality :)
Will ah e to take out couple of hours daily to get it cracking !
I am really interested in learning it and probably I need to streamline myself to get going.

Cheers agian.

P.s: I placed an order for VPS service around 12 hours back .. they have sent me the confirmation email .. but never received the IP address and login credentials yet ..
How long does it usually take ?!!
Dallas

Rishichops wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm

P.s: I placed an order for VPS service around 12 hours back .. they have sent me the confirmation email .. but never received the IP address and login credentials yet ..
How long does it usually take ?!!
It can take anything up to 24hrs to set up and configure for you just depending on how busy they are, although usually its a lot faster than that so have you checked your spam/junk folder?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”