Green up button - Laying

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
yz250

Hi,

So firstly, we all know if we back something and the price shortens, we can use the green up button to have a "free bet" on that runner, where we will see a green/positive amount for that one runner, while all others will be a $0 collect.

Can this be "reversed" for if you are laying a runner you don't think will win?

I sometimes can lay a runner, where the price will drift. I don't want to green up in the way I mentioned above, as I will only have the positive amount for that runner, which I dislike the chances of. I know I can also choose to green up the entire event/field, where every runner will be a positive collect. But what I would like to happen though, is for every runner EXCEPT the runner I have layed to be green, andt the runner I layed to be a 0 collect. The way I see it is I really dislike that one runner, and I'd rather have a higher green amount for the other runners and leave this one disliked runner at a $0 collect.

I hope I have explained this easily enough.

Does Bet Angel have this feature?
Dallas

Just to clarify if you back something and 'green up' you will have an equal P/L on each selection, not at free bet and zero on all others
This is only achieved by 'closing the trade' (ie, laying with the same stake amount as you backed with)

To create a profit on the field and zero on the selection you traded you would use the staking method 'by liability back and lay'
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13551
CallumPerry

I wondered about this before so glad you mentioned it, of course me being me I over complicated it massively. Imagine a 4 selection market with the current following odds:

2.36 (42.37%) (1/2.36 = 42.37 incase you're wondering where I got this number from)
3.3 (30.3%)
5.9 (16.95%)
6.8 (14.71%)

If I had £100 greened up profit across each selection would I get more keeping it as a balanced £100 no matter which selection won or would I get more (long term) by doing it the following way:

If my hypothetical green value was exactly £100. I could split it so if selection 1 won (odds of 2.36 just as the market goes in play) it would return 42.37% of the green up total (£42.37), if selection 2 won I would win £30.3 etc. My Maths/explanation may be a little off as it has been a lonnnnnnnnng week but just a thought experiment. Basically split the profit based on the odds themselves to squeeze more money out of each market. Anyone else tried altering their green up value like this or in any other clever way in the past and found positive/negative results they'd like to share?
yz250

Dallas wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:36 pm
Just to clarify if you back something and 'green up' you will have an equal P/L on each selection, not at free bet and zero on all others
This is only achieved by 'closing the trade' (ie, laying with the same stake amount as you backed with)

To create a profit on the field and zero on the selection you traded you would use the staking method 'by liability back and lay'
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13551
Sorry yes you are correct.

I will read your link, it looks exactly what I am after.

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”