Noob questions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
NornAbnormal

New to Betangel, be gentle ! Seems like great software but some quick questions;

I'm using Betangel in practice mode.

1. I'm fairly sure the `log` is not showing everything I'm doing and it's not helpful. For example this entry;
"£ 2.00 Back bet placed on Minella Warrior at 3.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market."
That Back bet was later taken but it has no detail of when. Is there a fuller and comprehensive logging mode?

2. Can candle charts be made to always show (somehow) the highest and lowest price ever reached for a horse? I can zoom out but often would prefer a smaller timerange on show with some indication of the high/low

3. In "Ladder" view Unmatched bets are shown at the bottom. Can matched bets for that race also be shown? Going to the "log" takes me away from the Ladder which isn't what I want to do :)

4. I *think* (and I could be wrong) I've had unmatched bets cancel themselves after an unknown period of time. Is this a thing? is there a setting somewhere to disable this?
Dallas

1, The log only records what happens at the time the bet reaches the market
If you need the matched bets times you can refer to your 'Matched bets' tab

2, The charts don't record the hi/lo prices but you can see this on either the 'Market Overview' (click the speedo icon to launch it)
Or you can use 'stored values' from automation and display them on your ladder or one-click screen
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17833

3, The 'Net' stake box at the top of the ladders shows which side you're weighted on with your matched bets, or you could display them using the 'Enhanced ladder'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/enhanced_area.html

4, Unmatched bets will only be cancelled by Betfair if a market suspends and goes in-play (unless you instruct them to be Kept using 'Keep All Unmatched Bets)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... _bets.html

Or you have used the fill/kill option and they have been killed due to not being matched in the time frame you've specified
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fill_or_kill_.html
NornAbnormal

Thanks Dallas, very helpful. And now my next question !

I use BetAngel for scalping and I'm a bit confused. After successfully placing a Back bet (and it being matched) and then a Lay bet (and it being matched) I would have a small profit shown (between the scales and the spanner). I believe i need to click this amount (the hover over it says "close and green up all trades for this predicted profit") but i truly don't understand why I must do this or what happens behind-the-scenes when I press it. ..?
Dallas

NornAbnormal wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:28 pm
Thanks Dallas, very helpful. And now my next question !

I use BetAngel for scalping and I'm a bit confused. After successfully placing a Back bet (and it being matched) and then a Lay bet (and it being matched) I would have a small profit shown (between the scales and the spanner). I believe i need to click this amount (the hover over it says "close and green up all trades for this predicted profit") but i truly don't understand why I must do this or what happens behind-the-scenes when I press it. ..?
It spreads the Profit (or loss) you have on your selections equally across all others.

If you've only traded the one selection then you can also click on the figure in the trade profit column of that selection in line with the current price, its detailed more in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11572

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”