Running Ba more than once at same time

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
tomek154

Hi all

I'm sure i've seen the answer to this on the forum somewhere but can't lay my hands on it. Apologies if it's an often asked question..

How many simultaneous versions of the software can i run at once ?

I've used a few bits of automation but only one at a time, but just wondered if its definitely possible to open the program more than once and have automation running on each one. If it's possible, is there anything i need to be wary of ?

Thanks
Tom
Dallas

Yes it's possible
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12446

You only need to ensure that you don't exceed 1000 transactions per hour across all instances, if so you could start being charged a few pence for each
tomek154

Thanks for the super quick reply.. much appreciated.

Something just sprung to mind, if i had two bits of automation running on the same race and both had green all selections in their makeup, would the first one to green/red up cancel out the green all selections in the second one ?

Seeing that typed in front of me, it doesn't read very clearly..hope that makes sense.

Tom
Dallas

tomek154 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:43 pm
Thanks for the super quick reply.. much appreciated.

Something just sprung to mind, if i had two bits of automation running on the same race and both had green all selections in their makeup, would the first one to green/red up cancel out the green all selections in the second one ?

Seeing that typed in front of me, it doesn't read very clearly..hope that makes sense.

Tom
Yes if using the same BF account you need to be careful rules don't conflict with each other even though possibly running on different PC's they are both looking at the same account, so having both trigger a green up at the same time would be the same as greening up twice in quick succession if using one PC and instance of BA
tomek154

Brilliant thanks Dallas.
firlandsfarm

Hi, you might also find these posts helpful in controlling the admin for multiple installations.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18390
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18534
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17945

Note you can open the same installation of BA more than once or you can install BA more than once … there is a difference! The main issue I found with multiple openings of the same installation is that if you want to look at the Reports then each instance of the same install will overwrite the reports of the other instance i.e. you only get one set of Reports per install.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”