automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RogerTaurus

I am new to automation so please bear with me. i have constructed a rule to make a lay bet between two prices 10 and 15 how can i create a rule that places a back bet at 5 ticks above the price that was either fully placed in the market or entirely unmatched say it was 13. how do i use the price of 13 to set the trigger 5 ticks higher for the back bet
Dallas

On the parameters, tab use either 'Offset bet' OR 'Offset bet with greening'

If you only want it placed once the lay is filled also tick the fill/kill option
or to have both placed at the same time leave the fill/kill unticked
RogerTaurus

Thanks Dallas for that help I now understand how to use the offset.

What would you do if you wanted to place the back bet at a different amount say the lay bet was £5 but you wanted to place a back bet at £10 you couldn't use the offset bet then you would have to use a separate back bet, so how would you tie that in to the original lay bet's matched price plus five ticks?
Dallas

RogerTaurus wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 am
Thanks Dallas for that help I now understand how to use the offset.

What would you do if you wanted to place the back bet at a different amount say the lay bet was £5 but you wanted to place a back bet at £10 you couldn't use the offset bet then you would have to use a separate back bet, so how would you tie that in to the original lay bet's matched price plus five ticks?
If you wanted both placing together then you'd need a back and lay rule and just set each where you want them placing at on the parameters tab

If your lay was being placed at 2 ticks below the best reverse price then the back would be placed at 3 ticks above the best price to create your 5 tick gap
Or if you lay was being placed at the best reverse price then the back would be placed at 5 ticks above the best price to create your 5 tick gap
RogerTaurus

Thanks Dallas that has been very helpful things are much clearer now.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”