What a load of Tosh

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Alpha322

I came across this article re trading on horse racing. I have to have my TV on and Betfair site as a back up for API freezes in BA

>> Wanting to enjoy the racing<<

Trading is often described as boring and detracting from the enjoyment of racing. This may be the case but horseracing is of no concern to the scalper so this comment is meaningless. Horseracing has nothing to do with what the scalper is doing. Wanting to enjoy the racing or enjoy your betting is fine but you cannot trade successfully at the same time. You can do one or the other but not both. Trading requires concentration and dedication and if you’re watching horseracing at the same time then you are being unprofessional.

How do these pepole know when there are delays etc, besides for me its not all about trading, its wtching the action too, especially when your greened up and know you cant loose :lol:
Mug

If it wasn't for trading I wouldn't have taken an interest in racing.
Alpha322

I agree M, i left racing when i saw the trainers and Jockeys change their skill,s back in the day i was racking in huge profits via Henry Cecil, Micheal Stoute and Dick Hern (rip)and Irelands Vincent O brien, the whole game changed. i did miss the game Someone introduced me to Betfair and i saw the potential, especially with BA (and the lay Bot i use to use) So i agree with you, if it wernt for Betfair and trading my interest in the game would be nill, back then i was proud to collecting cash so easilly, mind you it kind of reflects that now, slightly a bit harder, trying to minimise risk for a win win situation. The two that represent what happened back then are the two RR,S Richard Hannon And Richard Farthey, Richard Hughes, and the P Paul Hannagan.

Enjoy your trading :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”