Betting Inplay Australia

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Pom-in-perth

Hi all,

Im looking for a way around betting in play in Australia. Apparently its banned BOO.

Any suggestions as im from the uk

open a BETFAIR account in the UK and hide my IP address some how ???
whimsies

Sent PM
johnsheppard

Use a VPN or proxy with an IP address outside of Australia.

I use a proxy through my browser. Works alright.

I haven't got betangel to work through a proxy yet. But I am sure that's doable....
madlycold

the same problem please could you dm me to please x
madlycold

thanks to what is posted on this forum i have resolved my own issue ,
jimibt

madlycold wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am
if you're looking for an anytime/anywhere solution, then using a VPS is your best way fwd. VPN's suffer from quite a few complications and Betfair etc can be quite strict when dealing with VPN's. However, a UK registered VPS allows you a huge number of benefits:

1. Process can be run from anywhere
2. can be monitored via RDP from any operating system, even using a mobile phone
3. Process has 24/7 availability, so is a more stable platform (in general)
4. USUALLY a far better ping to the betfair servers and all round better bandwidth

You don't have to use the BA offerings on VPS. You can use the budget offerings which can be for as little as £15 a month.

In short, don't fanny arse around with VPN's if you're relying on this as your bread 'n butter. if it's a part time pursuit, £15 a month is still less than a round of drinks at your local.
KJLP60

jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 am
madlycold wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am
if you're looking for an anytime/anywhere solution, then using a VPS is your best way fwd. VPN's suffer from quite a few complications and Betfair etc can be quite strict when dealing with VPN's. However, a UK registered VPS allows you a huge number of benefits:

1. Process can be run from anywhere
2. can be monitored via RDP from any operating system, even using a mobile phone
3. Process has 24/7 availability, so is a more stable platform (in general)
4. USUALLY a far better ping to the betfair servers and all round better bandwidth

You don't have to use the BA offerings on VPS. You can use the budget offerings which can be for as little as £15 a month.

In short, don't fanny arse around with VPN's if you're relying on this as your bread 'n butter. if it's a part time pursuit, £15 a month is still less than a round of drinks at your local.

+1

Absolute no brainer
rencoetz

Hi All

So just checking the BA VPS set up in the UK will do the trick trying to bet in play on tennis from Australia?

Thanks
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 pm
Hi All

So just checking the BA VPS set up in the UK will do the trick trying to bet in play on tennis from Australia?

Thanks
It really depends on how Betfair have tagged your account. Most likely they have tagged the account as an Australian resident and that'll prevent in-play bets wherever you connect from, but there's a chance they are just checking the IP address of the incoming call.

You could ask Betfair if you were to go on holiday to the UK if you would be allowed to place bets in-play, if that's a yes then the VPS will work for you
or alternatively, just try the cheapest VPS for a month and see if it works with your account.
KJLP60

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:01 pm
rencoetz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 pm
Hi All

Thanks
It really depends on how Betfair have tagged your account. Most likely they have tagged the account as an Australian resident and that'll prevent in-play bets wherever you connect from, but there's a chance they are just checking the IP address of the incoming call.

You could ask Betfair if you were to go on holiday to the UK if you would be allowed to place bets in-play, if that's a yes then the VPS will work for you
or alternatively, just try the cheapest VPS for a month and see if it works with your account.
From mine and others experience, It doesn't matter, If you are betting through the api ie. Bet Angel, on a server based in the UK, you will be fine to bet in-play.
Euler

I was always under the impression that if your account was opened in Australia then it would be tagged as an Aussie client and banned from inplay. But maybe I'm wrong on that point?
rencoetz

I also thought so - but a basic VPN seems to be working fine on BA
Shamrock

I have never had an issue. I used the VPS for a while and then tried a VPN (Vyper), this works fine and you can connect to the Betfair site from your phone and it is all good.
Running BA from my desktop was a problem for a while. Vyper were very helpful and all I have to do now is make sure the only two things open are the VPN (first) and then BA and it has no issues.
Most of the year the VPN is all I need but I do go to a VPS for the Big Bash.
madlycold

yes i got a vpn , when its not connected , no inplay , when its on i can , no problem.
also might i just add , also works brilliantly for netfix :D :D
i am using surf shark cost £50 for 12 months on promo
Raz0707

So you can use a VPN to get in play bets when I. Australia just to confirm?

We’re there any withdrawal issues? Would they review and say they were invalid bets and you can’t access them?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”