When / How to accept a loss

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
dafyddth

Hello,

Just getting into trading after a few years of matched betting, and starting off with scalping horse races with very low £2 stakes to get the hang of it.

Most of my trades work out, but those that don't always end up costing more - usually because I've let them carry on with the hope that direction changes back in my favour, and when it doesn't, I usually end up keeping the bets in-play hoping that they get matched - often they do, but that's not nearly enough profit to balance out those that don't.

So my question is, at what point and what circumstances would make you think that a trade has got away, and that you should cut your losses and trade out at a loss?

Thanks
Emmson

I still struggle with this myself and I'm quite experienced now. Reading these 3 threads may help, postings by JollyGreen throughout this forum are always noteworthy. Many people have said much the same. ShaunWhite in the last link has good advice.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10351&p=86853&hilit ... you#p86853

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=437&hilit=when+pric ... u&start=10

viewtopic.php?t=15302
dafyddth

Cheers for that Emmson - will gve them a read

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”