Trades drifting away

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
odchamp

Had a deliberate chill day away from "trying" to trade today.
Will re read all your comments again before I unleash myself upon Betfair tomorrow, a new invigorated man 8-) don't hold your breath but ill give it a go!
Again thank you for your time in explaining in great detail where i am going wrong and possible ways to put it right.
Hope you all make bucket loads next week.
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:10 pm
I thought it was the 2 and 2b that goes to Crystal Palace. ;)
Well exactly, & that's the risk. I always remember Palace having lots of buses - lots of opportunity to make a mistake - end up in woolwich or something

Interestingly I always remember the No. 3 ending at Oxford Circus (max drawdown!! :) ); but it looks like TfL changed it - that's the kinda fundamental shift that would break an edge!
odchamp

How not to trade!
Am I entering too early?
Please if you can bear to watch such a boring effort, any advise would be gratful.
Sorry but the clip is too big to attach, how can I reduce its size?
thanks
mcgoo

odchamp wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 pm
How not to trade!
Am I entering too early?
Please if you can bear to watch such a boring effort, any advise would be gratful.
Sorry but the clip is too big to attach, how can I reduce its size?
thanks
Upload to YouTube and post link?
odchamp

don't really want my family and friends to see evidence that i am a complete plonker!
sniffer66

odchamp wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 am
don't really want my family and friends to see evidence that i am a complete plonker!

Create a new account, for trades only
Kai

odchamp wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 am
Youtube gives you an option to upload videos as "Unlisted", that way only those with the link can see it. Video analysis can be a powerful tool in general, besides one-on-one mentoring I believe it's the fastest and best way to improve, if used correctly you could potentially learn in days/weeks what would otherwise take months/years/never. I've used it for years for my own trading and for my closest friends to great effect. Tbh I've always wanted to make a suggestion that the forum should have a video analysis subsection where people could analyze, learn and educate both themselves and each other, but most traders probably don't feel the same and it's not in their interest to educate others.

Jurgen Klopp for example is a massive fan of video analysis, him and his staff regularly use it during halftime by showing the most important clips of the 1st half to his players, so it's no wonder that there's a bit of a trend with Liverpool performing better in 2nd half of games, like you've seen in their last match against Saints. They will then continue to dissect the videos after the match in greater detail for the whole team and also tailor it for specific players etc.
odchamp

Thank you for your replies, that sounds like a good way to learn and keep it away from Family and friends who think i am crazy for trying this.
I will look into to the youtube thing, I do have a couple of channels and maybe i could set them as private so as you said, only using the link would provided would you be able to access them, if not i will set up an account for this sole purpose.
thanks
Gary
odchamp

This hopefully works, set up a new Account.
It’s 8 mins long so just skip to where areas where I display my skills 😬
https://youtu.be/fL8JGe7BZmE
BetBuddy

odchamp wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm
What was the reason for opening the initial BACK bet ?

Initially there was far more money on the back side than the lay side. I wouldn't have opened a back trade at that point, more like a lay trade. Also, your trading a race which has 3 runners below 4.0. Those type of races can be very volatile and scary to trade even by an expert.
Last edited by BetBuddy on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniffer66

BetBuddy wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:22 pm
odchamp wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm
What was the reason for opening the initial BACK bet ?
Was about to ask the same. And do you have any charts open ? Candle ?
BetBuddy

Initially there was far more money on the back side than the lay side. I wouldn't have opened a back trade at that point, more like a lay trade. Also, your trading a race which has 3 runners below 4.0. Those type of races can be very volatile and scary to trade even by an expert.
odchamp

I find the money changes so fast one minute it's there then gone, so might be slow in placing the trade? I can't remember why but yes i do look at graphs and maybe was following a trend in this case.
Now I know how to record and upload I will make notes and so can answer your questions better.
Just to make sure if there is more money on the lay(pink) side then the price should go out all things being equal, and opposite if more money on the back it will shorten?
Instead of actual figures I think I would get on better with a vertical volume bars for back and lay, don't seem to be able to read the amounts quick enough.
cheers guys
odchamp

BetBuddy wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:35 pm
Not sure what you mean more like a lay trade, I did start with a back bet as the net says i need to place a £2 lay ? Yes agree about the 3 runners below 4.0 but i'm only playing with small stakes so it's all learning in my book good or bad, but I do understand what your saying and appriciate the advise.

thanks

Gary
BetBuddy

odchamp wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:58 pm
I find the money changes so fast one minute it's there then gone, so might be slow in placing the trade? I can't remember why but yes i do look at graphs and maybe was following a trend in this case.
Now I know how to record and upload I will make notes and so can answer your questions better.
Just to make sure if there is more money on the lay(pink) side then the price should go out all things being equal, and opposite if more money on the back it will shorten?
Instead of actual figures I think I would get on better with a vertical volume bars for back and lay, don't seem to be able to read the amounts quick enough.
cheers guys
Are you laying/backing at Best Market Price or joining the queue on either reverse side ?

Personally i only take Best Market Price if the money there is very small (0.5%) in comparison to the selections volume traded amount. Otherwise i will join the queue. if it doesn't get matched and/or money starts increasing on the other side then i cut my trades asap and start again. Therefore i have 2 back triggers and 2 lay triggers but 8 cancel trades, 4 each. The back/lay trades rearm every 4 seconds and the cancel trades rearm every 2 seconds. Its all fully automated in BA as there is no way i could do all the above manually with any type of speed or emotion on multiple selections.

If you are going to do it manually then you need to keep your focus and cut your trades otherwise you will end up down a river with no paddles. Either that or pick races where the prices don't jump up and down so much. Try with Hcap races where the 1st Favourite > 4.00 and the 4th Favourite < 10.00. And don't trade the final minute before the off as large sums of money can appear, usually from Bookies squaring their books.

Goodluck and keep posting your videos for constructive comments....

PS. In the video, did you back first or lay first ?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”