Backing the favourite

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
moreforme

Hi,
Just joined Bet Angel. There is heaps of info, strategy's and systems to go at,
pretty overwhelmed at the moment.
My main reason for signing up was to enable me to place a back bet on the favourite of a race without having to watch the odds changing right up to the off.
Is this possible?
I have had a look at Guardian Automation and the forum but all appear to give instructions for Backing followed by a lay or visa versa.
I know bet Angel is designed for "Trading" and this is something I will possibly be interested in the future but at the moment I merely want a way of pre-backing the favourite in a selected race at SP, without having to monitor the race.
I know this can be done with bookmakers but if stakes are not round numbers ie £10, £15, £20 etc accounts will be restricted.
I want to be able to back at stakes of £8.60, £12.90, £14.20 etc.
A program of this size must surely have a quick way of backing the live show
favourite.
Appreciate any help.
Dallas

The following rules file will back whichever runner is fav 5 seconds before the official start,
It will place the bet 20 ticks above the current price so won't get matched straight away, but will then take SP

To use the file just click on the Back Fav at SP.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moreforme

Hi Dallas
Thanks for the swift response, sounds like just what I'm after. Just off to try it in training mode.
I really want to develop these rules files myself, I have a feeling it's not as easy as it looks but
hope to have a lot of fun trying.

Thanks again

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”