track side partner..

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
fatboyeno

Hello im new here to the forum but not to betangel or betfair. I'm in Birmingham and looking for someone like minded to come Stratford horse racing
with me. I have been centre course quite a few times using this strategy alone with success but i'm not fast enough to make big profits.

I hope i can ask for this on here? please delete if its not appropriate. Iv always used betangel for this. Backing and laying. Can have some nice spikes backing at 1.01 allowing betangel to match at best price even above what is trading at the time.

I wont bore you with a long message but if your interested get in touch. Not a scam, no money needed just chat to understand my idea and go from there. Will even use my own money if your willing to use binoculars.

Cant get on with this scalping stuff i must be to impatient and have a day job. Easy to tripple money in a day at the track, £10, £100..
If this is in wrong section please move it.
thankyou
Andy
rik

so only thing youd want to do is bet on a sure winner at 1.01? 1 bet a race?
fatboyeno

only thing id need you to do is swat up on each race, who's who. That's the main thing knowing the jockey numbers. Follow them with binoculars and tell me about a result were looking for.
Not much info online about this and i guess its because most 'strategies' displayed play into the pros hands, creating liquidity. :geek:
But if your not winning with scalping, swinging etc your in same boat as me. They prob do work and were not skilled enough, but this system takes advantage of the delayed pics. Do you think people who control live odds have track side analysts at EVERY event or watching delayed streams.

i just need someone who's good or willing to learn tracking horses, a commentator would be ideal!
Do a search online about this you wont find much, and ask yourself why. There's lots of pros giving away their winning secrets! aren't they friendly.

Anyway if you have been to live races or enjoy tracking horses in play message me. I'm not asking you to risk anything its just a 2 man job to be efficient. I work full time but can see the potential.

cheers
fatboyeno

sorry to answer your 1.01 question i went on a rant! in play if you set all your horses to 1.01 for example backing. You decide to place a bet, the software will try and get you your best price available! if the horse is trading at 2.0 and you select to bet on 1.01 it will back at 2.0 for you auto.
sometimes there is people laying above the market price tho and you can get some or all matched at at higher price..
in running players will verify this.
iv'e backed £200 at 1.8 and been matched at 7 by placing bet at 1.01..
hope you understand this.
much more to explain and i hope i get the chance too :)
anyway id be doing this alone if it was efficient obviously would not be letting you lot know so you can jump on'it reducing my profit but i need a hand. obviously family think i'm crazy when i say i make ok money doing this but i want great money :)
Local people or willing to travel get in touch. Or do research on track betting and come up short, does that say something..

Ps Peter your vids are great! iv watched everyone and understand but obviously you know about this would be awesome to see what you say.
No reply i take as a good thing :)
Andy
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:49 pm
...the software will try and get you your best price available!
It's not the software that gets you the best price available. If you place a bet at 1.01 and, after the in-play delay, the price has moved to 7, Betfair automatically gives you the best price available.

I don't mean to burst your bubble Andy, but backing a horse that's almost certain to win at 1.01 doesn't take a great deal of skill. I'd guess there would be several people at the course doing it. The problem with that strategy is that you need 100 winners out of 101 just to break even, and trust me, you will eventually be on a loser. We've all seen a horse jump the last well clear, appear safely over only to stumble a stride later. Or the horse that throws it away in the last ten yards, just look up Go West Young Man.

It's quite a lot of expense to travel to a racecourse just to make a 1% profit!
ShaunWhite

There must be something in the air today. First there's someone wanting your utility bills, and now this. There's so many issues with this tired old idea it's hard to know where to start.
invisiblelayer

Inspired by this :D Can You Beat The Bookies?: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07hjnl6
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:40 pm
But if your not winning with scalping, swinging etc your in same boat as me. They prob do work and were not skilled enough, but this system takes advantage of the delayed pics. Do you think people who control live odds have track side analysts at EVERY event or watching delayed streams.
If you're not winning at scalping, swinging or any other trading technique, perhaps you should consider whether Betfair is the most suitable way to make money. Nobody "controls" live odds, and although fast pics is an advantage, it is perfectly possible to profit from trading without any pictures whatsoever. Trying to make money purely from live vision is like me thinking an expensive set of golf clubs will help me hit the ball on my first stroke.

If you really need somebody to race read for you and tell you who's going to win so you can back it, they could just as easily back it themselves and do the job on their own!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:15 am
like me thinking an expensive set of golf clubs will help me hit the ball on my first stroke.
:lol:
I love your modest ambition Derek. Hoping to simply hit the ball on your first stroke rather than getting it anywhere near the hole.
Reminds my of playing golf with my dad, every time I took a practice swing he'd add it onto my score claiming my ball had moved. And I mean every time. :roll:
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 am
There must be something in the air today. First there's someone wanting your utility bills, and now this. There's so many issues with this tired old idea it's hard to know where to start.
Must be a Monday thing :D

I just love the irony here. So if I got this right, he is trying to make more money by splitting all of the profit with a partner. And he is looking for that partner (a simple spotter that's presumably not color blind) on a trading forum of all places by revealing his entire strategy in the process, so that anyone else who can't "scalp & swing" to save their life copy his sure-fire strategy and have a go at his already small profit.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:44 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:15 am
like me thinking an expensive set of golf clubs will help me hit the ball on my first stroke.
:lol:
I love your modest ambition Derek. Hoping to simply hit the ball on your first stroke rather than getting it anywhere near the hole.
Reminds my of playing golf with my dad, every time I took a practice swing he'd add it onto my score claiming my ball had moved. And I mean every time. :roll:
I never actually had a go myself but I took a kid once to a golf driving session or whatever you call it, where you just practice whacking the ball, and I could see how difficult it was. You'll probably remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AtAQM1mNw
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:04 am
And he is looking for that partner (a simple spotter that's presumably not color blind)...
It's fine to be colour blind, the OP just wants someone to read the "jockey's number". ;)
ANGELS15

Out of curiosity does anyone know the general policy racecourses have these days on using mobile phones for betting? If I recall correctly when betting mobile apps first became available racecourses didn't want punters using their phones to bet with, we're going back quite a few years here. Also I think with the advent of mobile phones they didn't want punters relaying information from the track.

These days there are professionals betting from the course with their lapstops etc. Assuming you can even get a signal can you bet in-running on Betfair on your mobile?

On another note it was about 7 years ago I got my first android device having previously used Blackberrys. I was aware of in-running markets but had never tried it. I started using it with fair success. I do recall though about 7 years ago I was in a William Hill shop and doing my ususal betting in-running and the shop manager was looking at me strangely (I had placed a few small bets with mixed results of winners and losers). The manager came out from behind the counter and was slowly pacing around the shop but looking at me mostly. He then came over and asked me if I was betting on my phone to which I said I was. He then said it wasn't allowed and that I would have to leave!

I asked him where it said in the rules I couldn't do this and he pointed to their terms and conditions and it did seem to say that. What annoyed me more in some ways is that to other punters it looked like I was doing something dishonest. I asked him if I could put away my phone and watch one last race which was just about to start and which I'd already had a bet in. Anyway my horse won at 14/1 which probably annoyed him more but at least he paid me out.

These days of course with everyone on their phone all the time bookies don't seem to care also I've seen punters using Bookie apps.
wearthefoxhat

fatboyeno wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:40 pm
only thing id need you to do is swat up on each race, who's who. That's the main thing knowing the jockey numbers. Follow them with binoculars and tell me about a result were looking for.
Not much info online about this and i guess its because most 'strategies' displayed play into the pros hands, creating liquidity. :geek:

i just need someone who's good or willing to learn tracking horses, a commentator would be ideal!
Do a search online about this you wont find much, and ask yourself why. There's lots of pros giving away their winning secrets! aren't they friendly.

Anyway if you have been to live races or enjoy tracking horses in play message me. I'm not asking you to risk anything its just a 2 man job to be efficient. I work full time but can see the potential.

cheers
Go for it!

There will always be dissenters in life that will be dismissive, (family/friends/forum members ;) ) - sometimes with good reason, but it seems as though you've enjoyed some success so far.

It is possible to make this work using the Betangel In-Play trader software, along with learning the colours rather than the numbers (can be obscured).It acts as a visual element to the way the market reacts to the In-Play market (including delay), with the spotter's confirmation and one click to the far left of the bar, the bet(s) is/are in the market.

https://www.betangel.com/in-play-trader/

Also with R&D ,the way the race should develop from start to finish, and adapt, if the tactics change during the race. (can spot non triers that way).

Jump racing is better suited to this approach than Flat racing, although focussing on 1m4f+ races would be workable.

The 1.01 approach will ensure a match at best prices, and sometimes work if you can get on more than one selection in-play. (more like insurance).

There will be losers at times due to unforeseen circumstances, (amended results, horse dodging up in front, poor judgement by the spotter)

My eye sight is shite, I need to use bins to drive the car nowadays...but don't tell DVLA... (just about see the cards at the poker table) :D I'm known as Mr Magoo... :ugeek:
Dallas

Trading from the trackside you'll have a speed advantage over everyone at home but still be fighting against the dozens if not 100s of others also at trackside doing the same thing, some in well-oiled groups doing it very discreetly using clever 1 push bet or information relay devices to someone off course with a fast connection who can place the bet even faster.
As far as I'm aware some of the courses still offer in-play trading rooms for a few hundred quid fee each meeting but even these still had plenty stood trackside not wanting to pay this fee, they, of course, are the ones who will be ejected if caught by stewards.

Wolverhampton famously had a hotel that overlooked the track and in addition to all those trackside each time there was a meeting the rooms on the side of the hotel that faced the course would all be booked out and filled with people with laptops and binoculars.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”