Auto betting non favourite

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
martin907

I am at the point of needing some Betfair software but haven't yet plumped for a particular one, I would like confirmation that BetAngel is capable of doing what I need.

In most UK races I have one or two horses that I will consider laying, I want to automate the bet as an SP lay within a specific lay odds range but only if the horse(s) is not the SP favourite.

Please can anyone confirm that is possible to do.
Dallas

Yes, it's possible to lay a selection at its SP price if it wasn't fav, but it can only be done after the race as gone in-running as the SP and the SP order is not known before that point.
Unless the race had a clear fav and it would there be certain that it would be the SP fav before the race started
martin907

Thanks for that. So would it be possible to set things up so the lay was placed a minute or so before the scheduled off, providing the selection(s) was higher than x ticks over the fav price at that point.
Dallas

martin907 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 am
Thanks for that. So would it be possible to set things up so the lay was placed a minute or so before the scheduled off, providing the selection(s) was higher than x ticks over the fav price at that point.
Yes, you can use a 'Relative odds condition' to test there are 'X' ticks between the front two and therefore the current fav will be the SP fav

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”