changing tick size value in newer versions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
james4bond

Hello
I see the tick value in the Youtube videos in th user manual changing th tick value seems to spply old versions of BA

?HelloH?HelloeHow do you change te tick value?in version1.54.1?

Thanks

James
Last edited by james4bond on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

I assume you mean the staking method?

If so you can revert back to the older now 'Legacy' staking method in the 'Staking & Liability' area of your main settings
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... ility.html
james4bond

wow hat was a quick replyThank you fo clarifying for me-Thank you
james4bond

Hi Dallas
Would you mind I asked again about changing a tick valueon a n on a neewer version BA that was used the to be used in scalping as in the following video from Peter onYoutube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os05kv4LncA
I do understand what you meaant changing the values in settings, Does this change th tick fo this purpose? as well. Itried it today in the racing I was getting all sorts greening values not the on e I was changing in settings like you kindly suggested
Just another quick question please
Do you ever for a customer to share when thy share (computer)trading screen to perhaps to see where they are going wrong?
I ask this because I try to take a green value but it does not work for me I have watched all the training videos and Youtube videos numrerous times

Thanks

James
Dallas

james4bond wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:57 pm
Hi Dallas
Would you mind I asked again about changing a tick valueon a n on a neewer version BA that was used the to be used in scalping as in the following video from Peter onYoutube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os05kv4LncA
I do understand what you meaant changing the values in settings, Does this change th tick fo this purpose? as well. Itried it today in the racing I was getting all sorts greening values not the on e I was changing in settings like you kindly suggested
Just another quick question please
Do you ever for a customer to share when thy share (computer)trading screen to perhaps to see where they are going wrong?
I ask this because I try to take a green value but it does not work for me I have watched all the training videos and Youtube videos numrerous times

Thanks

James

If you can give me the time during that video that your refering I should be able to advise to as its to not clear from your message what you mean?

I don't have the time to do any screen sharing but if you can provide more details on whats not happening for you and maybe include some screenshots and the log or if possible a short video that would help?
james4bond

Hi Dallas
Please look ar 2:40 mins into video wherere Peter talks about changing th e tick size to GBP 5.Plese use Youtube link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMs3SfXiV8U

Thank you

James
Dallas

So it is the staking method you were refering to

I'm just not sure of the question about it though, you can still use that method with the newer staking method the software now has be default, the only difference is the amount uses your preset stake rather than you having to enter it in to a staking method area
BA.jpg

Or you can revert back to the older staking methods and use it exactly as shown in the video
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
james4bond

Thank you fo r the screenshot in your reply
Could I just sask yyou the following

Does the lay have to be GBP50 for this work?

How could you make th GBP50 ?
For the Staking Method usingusingTick Siize for this method and cannot use by liability (lay)Is there way round this?

Thanks for your time on this one for me

Best regards
James
Dallas

james4bond wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm
Thank you fo r the screenshot in your reply
Could I just sask yyou the following

Does the lay have to be GBP50 for this work?

How could you make th GBP50 ?
For the Staking Method usingusingTick Siize for this method and cannot use by liability (lay)Is there way round this?

Thanks for your time on this one for me

Best regards
James
It depends on the price the bets placed at,

You can only use one staking method at a time as they are all different to do different things, the following page of the user guide explains what they all do
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... thods.html
james4bond

On your screenshot your stake fo the lay is gbp50>when I try it takes.hHow do make my stake GBP50 FOR THE LAY? when I am using by tick size for the staking method)

I do understand that you if you choose staking method and that you can make one choice .I am just trying to Peter's Youtube videoalso on your screeenshot)
for this method I want to have have a controlled liability

Thanks again

James
Dallas

james4bond wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:04 pm
On your screenshot your stake fo the lay is gbp50>when I try it takes.hHow do make my stake GBP50 FOR THE LAY? when I am using by tick size for the staking method)

I do understand that you if you choose staking method and that you can make one choice .I am just trying to Peter's Youtube videoalso on your screeenshot)
for this method I want to have have a controlled liability

Thanks again

James
You can only control the liability when using the staking method 'by liabilty'

Staking by tick size as shown in that video means you set the amount you want to make per tick and BA will calculate the stake needed to make that - dependant on the price you place the bet at, the lower the price the higher the stake will need to be.

The old staking method can only use the current best price to calculate the stake needed, the new one lets you use any price you want

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”