It’s a whole new world

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
the storyteller

Salutations!

So I discovers Peter’s videos yesterday on YouTube

About an hour later I bought the VPS and professional for a year yesterday! (MAC user...need the VPS)

I’ve bought courses elsewhere - (a lot), had some success, blown some banks...

Looking to do this seriously and methodically.

I have the time.

But it’s whole new world - I’ve played with geeks toy, but it hasn’t got anything on this. Automation just blew my mind! But it’s like learning a whole knew language.

I’ve traded racing, football and tennis in the past so have some knowledge.

Any pointers on where to start??? There is mass of information In here and the videos - a bit easy to be overwhelmed.
ShaunWhite

There's so many ways to trade and things to trade in might best to just focus on what you want to do. Eg manual or auto, horses or tennis, pre-off or inplay, If you try to take it all in you'll overload. Learning the language of automation is nothing compared to the complexity of finding anything profitable so maybe at stick to manual trading for now, that way you'll benefit from watching the markets too rather than just stabbing in the dark.

#1 most important thing. SMALL stakes, because consistant profit is probably over a year away, if at all. I'm not sure if the stuff you've seen has mentioned that only 5% of new traders make anything so treat it as a hobby rather than a way to easy money. But also just try to see losses as the cost of learning, a concept people don't often understand these days in this world of free info everywhere. Trading isn't easy, but it's not impossible. It's the type of thing where the more you learn the more you realise there is to learn and that will keep you engaged for years if you want it too.

I won't say good luck, because "luck" is an irrelevant and damaging concept :D
wearthefoxhat

the storyteller wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:59 pm
Salutations!

So I discovers Peter’s videos yesterday on YouTube

About an hour later I bought the VPS and professional for a year yesterday! (MAC user...need the VPS)

I’ve bought courses elsewhere - (a lot), had some success, blown some banks...

Looking to do this seriously and methodically.

I have the time.

But it’s whole new world - I’ve played with other software, but it hasn’t got anything on this. Automation just blew my mind! But it’s like learning a whole knew language.

I’ve traded racing, football and tennis in the past so have some knowledge.

Any pointers on where to start??? There is mass of information In here and the videos - a bit easy to be overwhelmed.

Over time I found that semi-automation worked best for me. ie: Use the bot(s) to enter a trade and manually keep an eye on the exit point.

Dallas and some others have posted some good info over the years. The best one to get you started (IMHO) is;

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12610

Read the thread, try in practise mode to get your head around it, if you need to tweak it, test and re-test.

Sometimes, it can help identify a retracement opportunity... ;)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”