Manual Green Up

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Cards37

Hi all

I'm still a bit confused as to how to correctly use the manual green up function ...has Peter ever done a video on this, I haven't had a lot of luck finding much information.

References in the user guide and related documentation talk about "Using the manual green-up feature of the Manual betting screen to control how open liabilities are closed and the profit is spread is a much more efficient way to manage an incomplete book."

I'm trying to do this but a bit lost :/
Cards37

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. I am talking about using the manual bet screen to close out an incomplete book, not green up a single trade.

Here is an example attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Immediately above the "Manual Green Up" is "Update with P&L" with a box beside it.

Tick that box.

Then see the green box in the row for your man Rory. Press that and it will lay that $45.69 green into the lay offer of 16 and the amount of the lay will credit against the rest of the field. This can be quite a laborious process.

It can be quicker to use small stakes in the bookmaking tab and just lay against those you are green against, ensuring you don't burst through into a red on those greens.
Cards37

Ok that makes sense. But in effect that way you can't see what it will do if you want to do multiples.

On the second strategy, here is a current view of the top runners. I can't seem to get these settings aligned either, what should I be changing? As currently set I realise this would create a new book over the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Cards37 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:17 am
Ok that makes sense. But in effect that way you can't see what it will do if you want to do multiples.

On the second strategy, here is a current view of the top runners. I can't seem to get these settings aligned either, what should I be changing? As currently set I realise this would create a new book over the top.
You don't lay every person.

You untick the red ones (you will then earn the lay stake on each of them) and then see what kind of red will be produced on the people that are green.

PS, I see you are laying into the back side of the book, fine but that may not be matched. You need to click on the lay side of the book (and there needs enough capacity there) to guarantee a match.

And I also see your book is a bit uneven on the reds, so you might do small stakes and make multiple lays in to this or do the opposite in the dutching tab, back the ones you are red on and see how much you subtract off the greens.

Have fun, fixing up a misallocated book is a good mental challenge. Most bookies wouldn't worry about them being completely even or completely green, they'd often be red on the favourite and hence don't like favourites winning (not saying what you should do - choose your own adventure).
Cards37

Like this?

I feel like I am missing something, take McIlroy in this example, currently sitting at -14.01, when I untick it applies the $10 and says that will be the profit, but that is only in isolation not factoring in the bets already matched on McIlroy?

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple here :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”