Sceptical

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Jim Royle

some people will make any excuse to try and get a free 1 2 1 with the master
jamesg46

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 pm
Maybe I should have said, "believe in what direction the price is heading".
I dont predict or believe. Its simply a probability, it either will or it wont, you have to recognise a pattern of behaviour in a certain structure of markets and build a strategy around that, that gives you the possibility to win more than you lose... over time if its occurs regularly and you exploit it correctly then it's a positive strategy... that's all imo you need to be an average to good order flow trader.
malgilb

Unlike me, you have seen the proof. I'm still waiting. I will keep trying though.
malgilb

Are you sure Jim?
malgilb

Let us leave it there shall we? You all keep making money and I will keep trying. Don't want to fall out with anyone just want indisputable proof. If it does not come so be it.
jamesg46

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 pm
Unlike me, you have seen the proof. I'm still waiting. I will keep trying though.
The thing that you have to ask yourself is, how will seeing somebody else's reality improve yours.

I was never skeptical, that wasnt the reason I went. The reason I went is because I wanted to see the reality of what could be achieved but ultimately I'm never going to live in Peter's house or have what he has but that's not my aim, I want my own reality and my own house, built by my own imagination and hard work.
rik

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 pm
Let us leave it there shall we? You all keep making money and I will keep trying. Don't want to fall out with anyone just want indisputable proof. If it does not come so be it.
you dont believe in screenshots? maybe call someone on skype and have them screenshare their lifetime statement if you need the irreversible proof
for every winner their need to be a loser, there will be far less winners than losers due to a some very big winners and comission, but obviously there should be at least a few hundred people that have a good enough lifetime profit to make a good loving on betfair alone
Derek27

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:05 pm
Do you have indisputable proof for me?
The only way anyone can give you indisputable proof is to meet you in person, log in to their account and show you their P/L. Given that nobody on this forum is trying to sell you anything, why would anyone want to go to that trouble?

Look at it another way, when somebody loses on the exchange, somebody wins - it's mathematically impossible for everybody to lose. Being clever has nothing to do with it because everybody with varying intelligence has their own skillset. Making money on the exchange is difficult, not everybody can do it, it's even been rumoured that 95% of people lose! I'm hiring a builder to lay a patio for me because I don't feel I've got the skill to get a neat, level finish - it's hardly astounding to me that some people can do things I can't.

I'd also be interested to know how long you've been trading for?
jamesg46

rik wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:13 pm
malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 pm
you dont believe in screenshots? maybe call someone on skype and have them screenshare their lifetime statement if you need the irreversible proof
for every winner their need to be a loser, there will be far less winners than losers due to a some very big winners and comission, but obviously there should be at least a few hundred people that have a good enough lifetime profit to make a good loving on betfair alone
I suppose that logic would suggest this to most people, I mean otherwise you would have to believe that people are pumping 100s of millions in cumulative volume through thousands upon thousand of markets each year just to lose it for it a good time.
Derek27

Why would Betfair introduce a 40% premium charge for people who have a lifetime profit of over £250K if nobody has reached that level?
ShaunWhite

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:38 pm
i cannot see how anybody can predict or work out where the price is going with the way it jumps about so badly.
Maybe you're just trading the markets, and in a style that just doesn't suit you. There's plenty of people who try to emulate someone else and fail until they find their own way to do it. If you don't like jumpy markets, and I don't blame you, then how about tennis or pre-ko football, or cricket, snooker, darts, baseball. And rather than trading manually how about automation, or semi-automated trading. How long have you been trying? It took me a couple of years before I became consistant and much of that was realising I wasn't cutout for one style and then working on another. And if that had failed I'd have tried a different way still. You only fail when you stop trying.

It's hard though, but if it wasn't then everyone would be doing it. But if you doubt that people can profit from the price of something bouncing up and down then look at the City, an empire built on price uncertainty.
mcfc1981

Having been pretty much here from the start of Betfair I can tell u it is more then possible to make a living, in saying that it is alot harder now then say 15 year ago.

No doubt there will be people out there that have made £10m+ from the exchange.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:21 pm
Why would Betfair introduce a 40% premium charge for people who have a lifetime profit of over £250K if nobody has reached that level?
I do feel for malgilb a little, learning to trade can drive people to despair at times and make us not only doubt ourselves but the whole process too.

I took the original question like malgilb needed some help and wanted to offer some open dialogue that maybe could of lead to multiple people leaving constructive advice but it seems that malgilb is at a point where the only thing that will put his/her mind at ease is somebody's lifetime p&l... unfortunately, most of us know that this question, on the spectrum of questions to ask isn't going to help solve anything or any issues even it was presented.
Euler

There are quite a few multi-millionaires on the forum, but they just don't talk about it.

Everybody's journey is different and showing somebody what I have made over 20 years, for example, doesn't really set the right tone for somebody starting out. It's an unrealistic goal. Even I didn't expect what I ended up with.

I expected to last about three years and then for my edge to get lost in the market. That never happened.

So I'll always recommend that people set out with realistic goals.
Archery1969

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:38 pm
I'm afraid i am starting to get Sceptical about sports trading and what is being claimed by those that apparently make a success of it. I am not the cleverest person in the world but am far from the dumbest. I have viewed all the trading videos once , twice and sometimes many more. I have read the user guide until my eyes hurt and have purchased and downloaded "An Expert Guide". I have tried everything out many, many times. I'm not claiming that there is any dishonesty going on but i cannot see how anybody can predict or work out where the price is going with the way it jumps about so badly. I am not normally a sceptic and would like someone to prove without a doubt that trading on sports can be a way of making money.
Hi,

Not sure which markets your trying to trade. But the following real example should give you a starting point on what to look at. The Dog actually came 4th.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”