Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started : Sceptical

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Post Reply
User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 pm
How about seeing who subscribe to Bet Angel software instead....
Does dipping in and out @0.99p count? ;)

Archery1969
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:31 pm

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm
Atho55 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 pm
How about seeing who subscribe to Bet Angel software instead....
Does dipping in and out @0.99p count? ;)
:lol:

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Nice trade throughout the day, all done pre-off.

burnleyvWat.jpg
graph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Euler
Posts: 19463
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm
Location: Bet Angel HQ
Contact:

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 pm

#photoshop ;)

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Euler wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 pm
#photoshop ;)
Nope all genuine.Here are the Lay orders. 8-)

Lays1.jpg
Lays2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rik
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 am
Location: London

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 pm

nice! so you find the trends more stable than for the racing? ive tried scalping 20 minutes out last couple of days, think need to be careful having bets in the market around 1 hour as thats usually the team announcement
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Nice trade throughout the day, all done pre-off.


burnleyvWat.jpg


graph.jpg

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:01 pm

rik wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 pm
nice! so you find the trends more stable than for the racing? ive tried scalping 20 minutes out last couple of days, think need to be careful having bets in the market around 1 hour as thats usually the team announcement
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Nice trade throughout the day, all done pre-off.


burnleyvWat.jpg


graph.jpg

The big leagues have the volume in the market early doors and the trend is fairly predictable as long as the game selection is sensible. This one was fairly easy to predict, Lay odds @ 1.16 at HT! (maybe I got out too early) ;)

I normally get involved when the team news is known, still quite safe overall...(unless the market wants to say otherwise, then just scratch it)

For this one, I tried something a little different....

Archery1969
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm

I noticed when the 2nd goal went in on the Chelsea v Man City game the Over 2.5 odds jumped from 1.40 to 2.76 on three occasions before settling back to 1.38.

Could have made a small fortune with a trap bot waiting....

User avatar
rik
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 am
Location: London

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm
I noticed when the 2nd goal went in on the Chelsea v Man City game the Over 2.5 odds jumped from 1.40 to 2.76 on three occasions before settling back to 1.38.

Could have made a small fortune with a trap bot waiting....
what amounts?
it seems some people are specialised on setting the prices as fast as possible after a goal, they must have an automation trying to check for unsuspended
say a price is 1.06/07 and you know after another goal price will settle at 1.02/1.03 its hard to get anywhere near front of queue some guys specialised on being fast on reforming the market
of course with higher prices like 1,5 its more difficult to estimate where it will settle exactly but still some people are very fast and confidently offering up new prices just 2,3 ticks apart

Archery1969
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:53 pm

rik wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm
I noticed when the 2nd goal went in on the Chelsea v Man City game the Over 2.5 odds jumped from 1.40 to 2.76 on three occasions before settling back to 1.38.

Could have made a small fortune with a trap bot waiting....
what amounts?
it seems some people are specialised on setting the prices as fast as possible after a goal, they must have an automation trying to check for unsuspended
say a price is 1.06/07 and you know after another goal price will settle at 1.02/1.03 its hard to get anywhere near front of queue some guys specialised on being fast on reforming the market
of course with higher prices like 1,5 its more difficult to estimate where it will settle exactly but still some people are very fast and confidently offering up new prices just 2,3 ticks apart
Between £400 and £700, stayed there for about 3 seconds each time. I guess it could have been someone's bot malfunctioning or human error.

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: goldfinch77 and 1 guest