Value taken in to account by automation when market is suspended

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
NickH

If I would be setting a rule to check the increase/decrease of a certain price over a certain time period, what is the value that the automation registers when the market is suspended?

Random example:
During a tennis match my automation is monitoring the price of a certain selection each 10sec, and if the price has dropped/increased at least 10 ticks compared to the previous registered value, I would fire a corresponding bet. Now the market is suspended for 1 minute. Would a 1 minute suspension on this tennis match then mess up the rule or would it just keep registering the last measured value before the suspension until the suspension is over?

If it would not register the value known last before the suspension, I could imagine that after the suspension would be over the bot would automatically fire as the rule would go from 'nothing registered' to 1.8 for instance and therefore triggering the firing of the bet.
jimibt

NickH wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:52 am
If I would be setting a rule to check the increase/decrease of a certain price over a certain time period, what is the value that the automation registers when the market is suspended?

Random example:
During a tennis match my automation is monitoring the price of a certain selection each 10sec, and if the price has dropped/increased at least 10 ticks compared to the previous registered value, I would fire a corresponding bet. Now the market is suspended for 1 minute. Would a 1 minute suspension on this tennis match then mess up the rule or would it just keep registering the last measured value before the suspension until the suspension is over?

If it would not register the value known last before the suspension, I could imagine that after the suspension would be over the bot would automatically fire as the rule would go from 'nothing registered' to 1.8 for instance and therefore triggering the firing of the bet.
you can add a condition to your rule to only fire when the match is in-play. this way, you'd only trigger the update when the match was not in suspended mode. not sure if this is a different angle to what you were referring to or not!?
NickH

Not really the angle I was looking for. I forgot to mention that the rule would only be active in-play. Maybe a tennis market was not the correct example as they rarely suspend in-play so lets assume a football game. After a goal is scored, and certainly with the var :D , markets might be suspended for 1 minute. What value would the rule then register?

Or would it just not register anything and wait for the next time that the market is available again to start the 'checking of changes' after, in this case, 10 seconds after suspension is over?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”