Laying in play automation - help required!

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
airtomoreira

Hi, I hope that somebody can point out where I’m going wrong in the following scenario:

I want to create an automation that will, in running, lay any horse whose price is in a certain range, determined by its current back and lay price. I want to lay every horse in the field that meets my criteria, but I only want to lay each horse once. I have created an automation that seemingly achieves this, my only problem is that any qualifying horse is being laid potentially multiple times, despite me having included conditions that the number of current matched and unmatched bets on any one horse should be equivalent to zero (thus, in my mind, preventing more than one bet being placed on any one horse)

I’ve attached screenshots showing the conditions that I've set (I would have uploaded in more detail, but it seems I can only attach 3 images to a message?).

NB: the range of prices shown in the example is deliberately huge, and unrealistic, simply because I have been testing out the theory overnight on the likes of US and Aussie horse races, where the in running liquidity is poor. I have widened the range simply to ensure I get some matches. In reality, the back and lay prices would be much closer together, once I'm sure that the automation functions in the way I would want it to!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
airtomoreira

Thanks to the person who advised that I need to add a condition "Number of Place bet Triggers". Their post seems to have disappeared, but I have done as they advised, and everything went well on the first practice run :D
lakers2324

how does this bot go.. ? any good results ?

Cheers
Dallas

Increase your re-arm time so its longer than the in-play bet delay, so that the bet has chance to reach the market and either be matched or unmatched and satisfy your conditions

Or add a
'Number of place bet triggers condition' on selection is equal to 0

That is tested locally so won't trigger another bet on the same selection no matter how fast you rearm the rule

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”