Watch List Alert Conditions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
airtomoreira

Hi, I'm hoping that someone can clarify the following for me:

Let’s say that I want to create a Watch List Alert that will advise me when the price of a horse reduces by 10 ticks over a 5-minute period. If the price reduces by that amount over a much shorter period, let’s say 30 seconds, am I right in thinking that I would only be alerted of this fact after 5 minutes? (I’m thinking of a Pricewise / Hugh Taylor type scenario, where 5 minutes after the event, my only trading option would probably be a L2B one, as the price would have by then approached its lowest point, whereas if I was alerted much sooner, I might be able to “jump on the bandwagon” and benefit from its continuing reduction).

Secondly, if I have two conditions in place, namely a) price reduces by 10 ticks over a 5 minute period, and b) price reduces by 5 ticks over a 30 second period, am I right in thinking that a Watch List Alert would only be created if both conditions were met? Is there any way of alerting me if either a) or b) is met?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”