Stop Loss Using Guardian

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RSD_1990

Good afternoon,

After toying with betangel for a while, I finally bought the software the other day.

The main reason is so I can get stop losses in as I've had a couple of big reds by quick swings despite me trying to keep an eye on things as much as possible.

Anyway, I know you have to set up a rule with guardian and keep betangel open if you want to set a stop loss (other than leaving the market open).

I've tried doing this today on a horse, and I thought I'd set it up to trade out of the market if the horse went as low as '7 lay'. I've just checked and it's trading now at 6.8 and the stop loss hadnt kicked in.

Does anyone know or can advise how to put a basic stop loss in? Because there's so many options I'm struggling to see where I'm going wrong, and also I can't search and find what I'm specifically looking for on the forum

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

It depends on the type of stop loss you want.

The first option is where you set it to trigger if the price moves 'X' ticks or percentage against your opening position, this is done on the 'Parameters' tab of the rule that places the bet
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/glo ... ters_.html

Or if betting manually you could use a Servant and select a price the stop is to trigger at, then once in Guardian a rule will take over and trigger if that price is reached, there are some examples of variations of this here
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17894
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17245

Or you could trigger a stop loss based on a monetry value
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
RSD_1990

Thanks, couldn't find what I reqiured.

Appreciated.
RSD_1990

Well, I thought I did it right and been stung a bit again as it stands.

Placed orders for Arsenal at 2.16, 2.18 and 2.2. Then used the offset and trailing stops in the order.

The 2.18 and 2.2 were orders unmatched and the odds have just dropped right down to 2.04, but it's layed my offsets so I've technically now got lays in for Arsenal which I didn't need unless the other back bets were matched!

Obviously not getting it right somewhere, but that was a trade I knew would come in, and as it stands I can cash out for a nice red when it should be green if I had done it properly.

Help would be great.
Dallas

RSD_1990 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 am
Well, I thought I did it right and been stung a bit again as it stands.

Placed orders for Arsenal at 2.16, 2.18 and 2.2. Then used the offset and trailing stops in the order.

The 2.18 and 2.2 were orders unmatched and the odds have just dropped right down to 2.04, but it's layed my offsets so I've technically now got lays in for Arsenal which I didn't need unless the other back bets were matched!

Obviously not getting it right somewhere, but that was a trade I knew would come in, and as it stands I can cash out for a nice red when it should be green if I had done it properly.

Help would be great.
If you use the fill/kill option that will prevent the offset bets being placed until the opening bet is filled
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”